Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:27:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 COUPE ELECTRICAL FAULT  (Read 2701 times)
Taggart
Lapsed

« on: 29 May, 2008, 09:55:48 AM »

Can anybody give advice please on a problem that is driving me mad.
The 25A fuse that protects the ignition system blows on a regular basis for no apparant reason.

At first I thought it was a faulty ignition coil as it felt very hot the first time it happened, but after replacing twice it is still happening. I have checked over obvious wiring in around the distributor and through the bulkhead but can find no shorts or bad wiring.

Before i start to strip the steering column and igniton switch as anybody come across this before as a common problem with hopefully an easy answer? 

nistri
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 29 May, 2008, 04:13:56 PM »

After disconnecting the battery, remove the fuse and clean very carefully and systematically the fuse housing using small metal files. The surface should be returned to bright metal. Check that the electrical connections to the fuse housing are good and their bayonet fitting really clean. Refit the fuse and battery. Good luck,
Andrea

Andrea Nistri

Ardea S2
Appia S2
Fulvia GTE
Fulvia Sport 1.3 S
Fulvia Montecarlo
Fulvia Coupe 1.3 S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator