Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie Prisma Owner  (Read 8493 times)
Andy D

« Reply #15 on: 10 August, 2017, 07:07:59 PM »

Some photos as promised - Prisma Symbol in quartz grey complete with stripe!

Excellent, thanks for posting. Rubbing strip as well, I haven't got one of those either... Mud flaps too!

Looks really nice. Does it need any bodywork doing? Nothing that I can see from the pictures

1990 Delta HF Turbo i.e.
Iggy65
Lapsed

« Reply #16 on: 10 August, 2017, 09:12:50 PM »

Thank you. There was a small hole in the o/s rear door and a few patches of rust (lower o/s doors and bottom n/s corner of windscreen) that I had done by Walkers before I brought the car home. I have since spent a few hours touching up minor chips and scratches and smartening up the alloys. There is a bit of surface damage to the n/s rear wing and bumper which is hardly noticeable after polishing and some  deeper scratches on the sunroof panel where it must catch on something as it slides under the main roof. There were also a couple of rust patches on the leading edge of the drivers door. These have been treated and painted on the outside but I would like to get proper access to the inner skin where the seam looks a bit dodgy. Can't see a way of doing this properly without taking off the door. However access to the hinge bolts seems impossible without taking off the front wing!
Overall I think the car looks fantastic now it is newly waxed. Hard to believe it is 28 years old.

Andy D

« Reply #17 on: 20 August, 2017, 03:13:40 PM »

There's often more to be done than initially meets the eye but you seem to be on top of things - well done. I'm noticing some new bubbling appearing on my Delta 1300 LX and currently pondering what to do. It's only going to get worse...

1990 Delta HF Turbo i.e.
Iggy65
Lapsed

« Reply #18 on: 22 August, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »

Thanks Andy. Hope you get your Delta sorted as the 2wd models must be pretty scarce now. It was one of these that I fell in love with back in the early 1980's when a 1500 was occasionally available as a loan car from the local Fiat dealer. Always asked for the Delta when I took our Panda in for repair or service but to own one was just a dream in those days!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd