Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:05:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Octane magazine - January  (Read 5001 times)
Scott
Megaposter

« on: 03 December, 2008, 12:26:25 PM »

I haven't got hold of a copy yet but apparently the January issue of Octane magazine (on sale now) has an article on road vs. rally Fulvias.
http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/news/octanenews/224148/octane-january-2009.html
 Smiley
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 03 December, 2008, 03:54:37 PM »

You can read it here:

http://www.lanciaracing.com/#/octanemagazine/4531969756

As usual from John it is a good article - and the first I have seen for along time (if ever) that does not perpetuate the myth that 500 V1016's were built.

Pedants Corner: A real Fanalone does have triangular air intakes on the grill (except the very very early ones that were converted 1.3HF's)

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2008, 06:00:18 PM »

Interesting article, nice to read it on-line before purchasing Smiley, usually a good magazine to read so may be a worth a trip out to buy.

Will we ever know how many variante 1016s were built, possibly more now than ever?!  (I thought they all had the triangular air intakes on the lower corners of the grill- thanks for the update)

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 03 December, 2008, 07:00:55 PM »

Yes, strange its on-line, but I'll be bying a copy for the file  Grin

If you look in Weerninks "Fulvia, Flavia" book and Altorios book there are many photos of Fanalones. On most you can see the registration numbers. Check them against the list of works registration numbers in the back of the book. I think I found at least three that were "Fanalones" but were officially 1.3 HFs according to the records. Trow also says in his book that the early cars were modified 1.3HFs.

* fan2bg75.jpg (29.28 KB, 755x535 - viewed 493 times.)

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
YKR 567J
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2008, 10:54:28 PM »

Neil and Neil

I was wrong about the triangular intakes and have corresponded with Paul at Vere Lancia about it. Someone knowledgeable - I can't remember who - told me a real Fanalone shouldn't have them, or maybe I read it somewhere, but a quick skim through the history books shows that they obviously did. My mistake. It was fun doing the story, though, and I now have pangs about selling my HF which turned into quite an amusing machine by the time I'd finished rescuing it from too many years of misunderstanding and neglect. Its new owner seems pleased with it and has great plans for its further improvement.

John
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 03 December, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

You can read it here:

http://www.lanciaracing.com/#/octanemagazine/4531969756

As usual from John it is a good article - and the first I have seen for along time (if ever) that does not perpetuate the myth that 500 V1016's were built.

[/quote)
Very good article from John as usual.
One thing I would take issue with is the comments about Dunlop brakes, I had them on my Series 1 1.3 Rallye Coupe, & I currently have them on "Fay".

Despite being told years ago that the Dunlop brakes are rubbish, that is not my experience.
Yes, they do need more frequent and careful maintenance than the later Girling brakes, but I've never once been concerned that they are not up to the job even crossing over the Alps on the way back from Turin, or crossing the Pyrenees on the way home from Portugal.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 06 December, 2008, 11:40:02 AM »

A good purchase on the way home the other evening at Waterloo whilst waiting for my train, much better to read the actual article than on-line, nice to see the magazine use a stylised drawing of a Fulvia with extra lights on the letter page (p34) 'Felix Petrol'.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd