Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
27 April, 2024, 07:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aprilia TLR 505  (Read 1303 times)
24hourman

« on: 20 September, 2023, 10:19:29 AM »

I am looking for any information regarding the above car which I have owned for around eight years. I have  the previous owners details who prepared the car for competition and campaigned it at various events including the sliding pillar rally in 2003, The liege Rome Leige rally in 2004  and the 100 year Lancia celebration rally of Turin in 2006. The car at this time was painted red. I have completed a restoration of the car and it is now painted in its original colour Black. I am just waiting for new Front brake cylinders to arrive and hopefully it will be back on the road again. Unfortunately I have not been able to gain any further information from the previous owner so any help would be appreciated. The car still has FIA papers.

* IMG_0445.jpeg (31.92 KB, 320x262 - viewed 289 times.)

* IMG_2509.jpeg (147.17 KB, 480x640 - viewed 277 times.)

If you think you can or think you can’t you are probably right.
CesareFerrari

« Reply #1 on: 20 September, 2023, 01:36:17 PM »

I remember seeing your car at Peter Harding's place when it was red. Peter told me that the engine had been mounted solidly to the shell as I recall. Have you been able to reinstate the original engine mounting arrangement? Congratulations on making the car look so good again, and I wish you all the pleasures of Aprilia ownership.
24hourman

« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2023, 06:33:15 PM »

I believe the car was at Peter Hardings around 2010/12 for remedial works to be carried out. I have various old invoices for the work that was done including an estimate for the engine mountings to be reinstated however I have no details of whether it was finalised for the owner at the time who was Charles Hobbs. I believe he acquired the car from Paul Merryweather who originally had the car prepared and campaigned it In the early 2000’s Thank you for your kind comment and information it all adds to the history of the car which unfortunately is sparse at the moment

Running Board

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2023, 12:40:55 PM »

Charles Hobbs has just bought my Augusta from me , i can put you in touch if you like?

When it comes to Lancias, mine are State Of The Ark!
24hourman

« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2023, 10:43:13 AM »

That would be great, many thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd