Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
23 May, 2024, 12:18:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2023 Shuttleworth Race Day Air Show 1st October (Sunday)  (Read 1521 times)
Neil
Permanent resident

« on: 21 August, 2023, 04:54:37 PM »

We have received an invitation to our club to our annual Race Day Air Show on Sunday October 1, 2023, I have approached the organisers if you would ike to attend we may get a club area for 10 cars, please let me know,  Neil at events@lanciamc.co.uk.

The event is a combination of veteran air show and historic car sprint. The aircraft flying display has an emphasis on racing planes, historic and classic vehicles. There’s a dramatic sprint along the grass runway for 50 invited pre-1939 cars plus displays of somewhat newer classics.

https://www.shuttleworth.org/product/wingsandwheels/

We’d be delighted to see you there for the day and can offer the following:

Pre-1939 Sprint Cars
Our Race Day has been running for many years, and gives drivers of selected pre-1939 cars the opportunity to take part in the Shuttleworth Sprint. These are untimed, non-competitive sprints up the grass runway, singly or in pairs, over 1000 metres.

It has proved very popular with owners of these vehicles, where they can unleash their cars for once in relative safety and where there is no need for a race licence.

We select these from the most appropriate pre-1939 entries. Entry to the day is free for both driver and one passenger (others pay the standard entrance fee). The National Motor Museum is bringing Sir Malcolm Campbell’s original 350hp Sunbeam Bluebird and we will have John Cobb’s record-breaking 24-litre Napier Railton from Brooklands too.

Owners who wish to enter the Sprint are requested to get in touch with Stuart Gray stuart.gray@shuttleworth.org as soon as possible.

Pre-1980 Classic Cars
We would like to offer your club up to ten places in the Period Paddock. This will be exclusively for pre-1980 cars from your club. The cost here is just £12 per car for both driver and one passenger, representing a saving of £58. Kids under 16 go free but other adults pay the standard airshow entrance fee of £35 each.

Obviously it’s up to you which cars are chosen for the period paddock, but a variety would be preferable.

Note: all cars for Period Paddock will need to be in place at Shuttleworth by 10.30am to secure this prestigious display location.

Additional Club Classic Cars
Your other club members are, of course, most welcome to experience the fun of the Race Day Air Show, a truly unique experience in the world of historic cars and planes.

2024 will see an expansion of this event to a whole weekend, so get in early and experience our event in its original form.

I have attached details and our entry form and would ask under Section 2 you circle 'Paddock' and under Car Club Bookings mention your Club.
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2023, 12:08:08 PM by Neil » Logged

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
JollyClubUK
Lapsed
Megaposter

1971 Fulvia S2 1.3s fast road spec

« Reply #1 on: 21 August, 2023, 05:36:47 PM »

Hi Neil,
e mail sent would love to bring my Fulvia along to the Pre 1980 paddock.
Regards, Julien.

* IMG_0225.jpeg (530.22 KB, 1920x1281 - viewed 50 times.)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 23 August, 2023, 11:54:39 AM »

I'm probably going as it's only about 12 miles from me.
Great event, but don't forget to see the Shuttleworth Collection of aircraft in the museum, mostly all fly and are used during the year at flying events.
There's also motorbikes some cars and traction engines to see.
 As well as a very nice 'Swiss Garden'..
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Flaminia3CPH

2 x Flaminia GTL 2.8 3C; Flaminia GT 2.5 3C

« Reply #3 on: 20 November, 2023, 02:25:15 PM »

I sadly missed the Shuttleworth event, I was overseas. I would love to see more photos. I was one of the pilots there for many years and remain 'on the books' as a volunteer. It may be that I could conduct a 'behind the scenes' tour next time? I flew the Bristol Fighter, Hawker Hind and SE5a among many others. Also, I wonder if any of you ever saw my Fieseler Storch display? The worst AND the most exciting aircraft I have ever flown! The bills I get these days for my Flaminias are a fraction of those I routinely received for the aircraft in my personal collection. Some of those were eye-watering!
All the best
Peter H
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 20 November, 2023, 03:03:02 PM »

I sadly missed the Shuttleworth event, I was overseas. I would love to see more photos. I was one of the pilots there for many years and remain 'on the books' as a volunteer. It may be that I could conduct a 'behind the scenes' tour next time? I flew the Bristol Fighter, Hawker Hind and SE5a among many others. Also, I wonder if any of you ever saw my Fieseler Storch display? The worst AND the most exciting aircraft I have ever flown! The bills I get these days for my Flaminias are a fraction of those I routinely received for the aircraft in my personal collection. Some of those were eye-watering!
All the best
Peter H
Peter,
I had a photo of my Fulvia 2c with your Fiesler Storch, on the cover of Viva Lancia about 3- 4 years ago,  I also saw your display, and couldn't believe just how slow you  flew it.
If I can reduce the size of the photos, I'll post some, if you want some of the flying, PM me an email or whatsap.
Brian.
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Flaminia3CPH

2 x Flaminia GTL 2.8 3C; Flaminia GT 2.5 3C

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2023, 09:04:33 AM »

Hi Brian,
I would love to see that front cover! I wasn't a member back then. In my advancing years my only aircraft these days after a lifetime of owning and flying some very special flying machines, often the only example extant, is a lovely Grob 109b Motorglider. I alternate it between Turweston and the summer season on the airstrip at Hvar Island Croatia. I often have a spare seat if you can get to Turweston.If so, I'll drive over in a Flaminia!
Best.
PH
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2023, 10:27:27 AM »

Hi Brian,
I would love to see that front cover! I wasn't a member back then. In my advancing years my only aircraft these days after a lifetime of owning and flying some very special flying machines, often the only example extant, is a lovely Grob 109b Motorglider. I alternate it between Turweston and the summer season on the airstrip at Hvar Island Croatia. I often have a spare seat if you can get to Turweston.If so, I'll drive over in a Flaminia!
Best.
PH
Hi Peter
I'll have a look, but I think I may have a spare copy of the issue with the photo!
Age wise I'm in the same boat.
Turweston do-able when the weather gets a bit better, so I may well take you up on your kind offer.
Thank you
Brian

Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 21 November, 2023, 11:04:58 AM »

The event on the 1st October was very enjoyable, some great planes and cars with some lovely flying as expected, however only two Lancias, Brian's 2C and our S2 Coupe in the display area.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 21 November, 2023, 11:20:01 AM »

Neil, I think there was a better turn out of Lancias the following day. My Y10 was also there but at the back of the carpark due to not being pre 1980.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 22 November, 2023, 09:19:16 AM »

Hi Peter,
I found it!
Brian

* IMG-20231122-WA0000.jpg (132.06 KB, 1251x1314 - viewed 45 times.)

Dedra Technical Adviser
Kari

« Reply #10 on: 22 November, 2023, 05:02:37 PM »

Almost the same spot but Friday Nov.10th, 2023

Kari

* IMG_4350a.jpg (649.74 KB, 1175x881 - viewed 40 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd