Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Italian Fulvia Forum  (Read 2579 times)
lee69
« on: 05 July, 2008, 04:58:49 PM »

Some of you may already be aware of this site, but if not here's the link: http://amicifulvia.forumattivo.com/portal.htm

Lee
Neil Lewis
« Reply #1 on: 07 July, 2008, 01:09:53 PM »

Thanks for that.

Leafing through it got me thinking.  It is of course in Italian.  I wondered it there was any way to get a translated copy.  Then I thought some more (steady now) and I wondered if our forum would translate into other languages.  Websites (or is it Google) manage to make half-decent attempts at translation but a forum is not quite the same.

Only thoughts but, in the spirit of world-wide co-operation, they do sound like good suggestions.  And I don't want to put someone to a lot of work.

Neil
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2008, 01:15:29 PM »

You can do it, but the professional way to do it is to produce the base text in a standardised language (for instance in the UK that would be standardised English) then you can run more sophisticated translation software. This is how language dependent on line manuals are produced for instance - but it is expensive.

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd