Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia/Flavia wheel bearings on Ebay  (Read 8740 times)
Neil Lewis
« on: 18 January, 2008, 11:02:51 PM »

Does anyone know the part number for the FAG wheel bearings which are being sold on Ebay for £74?  If they're a current item (the box looks current and the same as my integrale cam belt bearings) they ought to be available for a more reasonable price from my local bearing supplier.

Neil
ncundy
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #1 on: 19 January, 2008, 09:19:20 AM »

SKF # is 633032A, if they still make them they will be able to find it on a x-ref list. However these bearings are "made to drawing" and not catelogue items - every so often someone runs of 1000 odd. I would be surprised if you can get any over the counter - but if you can let us all know  Grin

Nice to see in V-L that Tanc was charging £117 / bearing in '99 - must be the only Fulvia bit that has come down in price !
« Last Edit: 19 January, 2008, 09:23:47 AM by ncundy » Logged

1969 Fanalone, Mazda RX-8, Fiat Multipla
eyore
« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2008, 11:40:14 AM »

I bought one of the Tanc Barratt bearings for stock as I understood they were as rare as hens teeth.Anyway no harm at  all to have a spare as all Fulvias are the same.
Tha FAG number is 510917B
inthedark
« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »

Trupart doncaster have a lot of bearings etc.
Neil Lewis
« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2008, 01:21:48 PM »

I had a chat with my bearing supplier and was told that there are "restrictive practices" in the bearing trade.  So despite him dealing with both Fag and SKF he is not allowed to order wheel bearings.  Something to do with them being reserved for the manufacturer to sell only.  Not much use for an old car like the Fulvia whose bearings haven't been available from Fiat for a long time.

I have a contact who makes small batches of bearings but I'm expecting them to be expensive.  He reckons he can price them up from the part numbers but I haven't yet had a reply.  Does anyone know the dimensions of Fulvia wheel bearings?

Neil
eyore
« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2008, 07:45:39 PM »

Can't imagine you would make any great savings to justify the effort required,why not just buy from TB and be done with it Huh? Huh?
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »

I think the answer is that Tanc’s stock will run out and others will need to know what to look for.

The numbers I have line up with Neil’s and eyeore’s: SKF 633032A and FAG 510917. I also have SKF 14110. Dimensions are: 96 OD, 45 ID X 34. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd