Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMC Goodwood Track Day - 31st March 2018 - Easter Saturday  (Read 20318 times)
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #30 on: 09 April, 2018, 05:21:52 PM »

My first LMC track day (although just a spectator) and my first visit to Goodwood ticked off. It's a bit of a trek from North Staffordshire, and it was absolutely filthy weather both ways but thankfully mainly dry for the event itself

Weren’t you at Oulton Park on Friday? An even bigger trek down to Goodwood, only I went back to OP again on the Sunday and returned back home Monday 🙀

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #31 on: 10 April, 2018, 10:48:44 AM »

Seconding Alison, thank you indeed to Brian and everyone for the very enjoyable track day, and to Tony for the splendid photographs.

Pace David, in the photo of my blue Aprilia my passenger is telling me to go faster. The challenge in physics of getting hundreds of kilos of metal on wheels as fast as you dare round a track are I think much the same for all cars. The Aprilia suspension arrangement manages the physics quite well. The trailing arm geometry at the rear is a good match for that of the classic front layout, and the roadholding of the car is surprisingly tenacious. I was probably travelling faster than you think at the time the picture was taken.

Cesare
andymc

Is that a Golf with a bodykit?

« Reply #32 on: 12 April, 2018, 02:12:04 PM »

My first LMC track day (although just a spectator) and my first visit to Goodwood ticked off. It's a bit of a trek from North Staffordshire, and it was absolutely filthy weather both ways but thankfully mainly dry for the event itself

Weren’t you at Oulton Park on Friday? An even bigger trek down to Goodwood, only I went back to OP again on the Sunday and returned back home Monday 🙀

Goodwood on the Saturday, Oulton on the Monday for British GT. That was wet too!!!

1993 integrale Evo 2
nyssa7
Megaposter

« Reply #33 on: 12 April, 2018, 07:32:11 PM »

Tell me about it, my son was racing in the Ginetta GT5 so we got very wet watching him

2000 kappa coupe 20vt
1996 kappa saloon 20vt race car
the "Yntegrale"
1999 Lotus Elise S1
2016 AMG GTS

Y10 Advisor
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #34 on: 12 April, 2018, 08:32:27 PM »

Cesare - if I remember right an Aprilia has the same tyres as an Aurelia and perhaps 200kg less weight so with the distortion in the photo I realise you are going quite a clip.  I think its Colin Marr who has a terrific photo of an Aprilia, from memory also at Goodwood, in a really big drift and of course there are any number of period photos of them racing.

...and an Aurelia will out corner a Delta HF.

David Laver, Lewisham.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #35 on: 13 April, 2018, 05:16:05 PM »

I enjoyed looking at the Goodwood photos – they triggered lots of good memories. The Aprilias looked great and I can fully appreciate the sideways forces working away on Cesare’s car.

David, I remember the photo of an Aprilia cornering that you refer to, but it wasn’t mine and I can’t find my copy of it. As I recall, it looked as if it was drifting, but I think it was just the angle that it was being driven at. The attached photos of Aprilias cornering hard suggest to me that understeer would take over before proper drifting would occur. No matter – I have vivid memories of Aprilias cornering in a very impressive way – lots of body roll, squealing from tyres (and sometimes passengers!), but going round as if on rails! Happy days!

* aprilia a.jpg (402.59 KB, 2362x1554 - viewed 483 times.)

* IMGP0380a.jpg (128.58 KB, 768x547 - viewed 471 times.)
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #36 on: 16 April, 2018, 10:51:44 AM »

Thank you Colin for the tremendous photos.
I am particularly struck by the Aurelia in the second. Presumably it is a third series B20, to judge by the rear wheel angle, and travelling insanely fast. It would corroborate David's observations on the superiority of Aurelia to Delta handling, and also support the view of some that the de Dion rear axle on the later B20s was a step backwards.
Cesare
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd