Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Linked Events
  • Bristol Christmas Dinner: 22 December, 2007
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Area Christmas Dinner - 22nd December  (Read 4788 times)
Harvey
« on: 25 October, 2007, 11:34:59 AM »

Where:  La Bruschetta, 4 High Street, Thornbury, Bristol BS35 Tel: 01454 414500
When:   Saturday 22nd December 2007 @ 8pm
Cost:    £22 per person

We regularly have a very healthy turnout at the Bristol meeting, and last night we decided we ought to get together for a Christmas Dinner. I've taken the plunge and booked for 20 people at La Bruschetta, an Italian restaurant on the High Street in Thornbury, for Saturday 22nd December at 8pm. The restaurant comes recommended by HPEHF and sparehead3 as Thornbury's finest Italian restaurant and is handily not too far from either the M5 or M4.

The cost for the dinner will be £22 per head for 3 courses, with a £10 deposit. The deposit is refundable up until a week before. The restaurant has requested that we pre-order to ensure they don't run out of popular choices, and also to deliver speedy service when we sit down.

Christmas Menu:

Starters
1.   Pasta Napoletana (v): pasta cooked in a home made tomato sauce.
2.   Antipasto Vegetariano (v):  selection of vegetables marinated in extra virgin olive oil, served on a bed of salad.
3.   Bruschetta Napoletana (v): toasted home made ciabatta bread, topped with fresh tomato, oregano and extra virgin olive oil served on a bed of salad – optional: you may add mozzarella, Parma ham or anchovies if you wish.
4.   Insalata di Mare: mixed seafood salad marinated in extra virgin olive oil, swerved on a bed of salad.

Main Course
(The turkey and sea bass dish is served with potatoes and veg or chips and salad)
5.   Tacchino Irpino: turkey coated in bread crumbs topped with Parma ham, cheese and touch of tomato sauce.
6.   Branzino Mediterraneo: filleted sea bass cooked in a light fresh tomato, white wine, garlic, parsley and olive sauce.
7.   Pizza al Tacchino: Pizza topped with cheese, tomato, turkey and rocket.
8.   Tortelloni Giganti ai Funghi: Giant Tortelloni pasta, stuffed with wild mushrooms cooked in a cream and mushroom sauce.

Desserts
9.   Crème Caramel
10.   Tiramisu
11.   Assorted ice cream
12.   Cheese cake

To reserve places, please send me an e-mail - harvey(at)lancia.me.uk - with your details. I will be collecting deposits during November to guarantee our booking.

As far as I know, the Bristol section hasn't had a Christmas dinner in the past few years, so you are all cordially invited to join us in establishing this event as a highpoint in our regional calendar!
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 October, 2007, 05:44:32 PM »

FYI : http://www.mythornbury.co.uk/labruschetta

Been there twice and both times it was great. Even better I can walk there !

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 30 October, 2007, 03:49:18 PM »

Huppity-hup!
Harvey
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2007, 04:52:25 PM »

I still have some spaces, but please don't delay in making your booking. What little hair I have left is already going grey at an astonishing rate, so please spare me a last minute rush....!  Smiley
Harvey
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2007, 03:53:03 PM »

I have now confirmed the reservation, so any last-minute additions are subject to space availability at the restaurant.

To all those who are coming, please remember to e-mail me with your menu choices, ideally by the end of this week. Thanks!
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 02 January, 2008, 01:32:29 PM »

A big thanks to Harvey for organising the event and the other 13 people who attended.

The food was excellent along with the company, an event to be repeated this year!!

Regards

Simon Davis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd