Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:11:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol Group Christmas Dinner 2017  (Read 10127 times)
Rob
Megaposter

« Reply #15 on: 11 December, 2017, 11:06:06 PM »

Yes thanks Ian for organising a most enjoyable evening at The Royal Oak Grin. It made a nice change to have our Christmas get together outside of the Bristol area. Full marks to Ben & Charles for turning up in their Lancias, hopefully I'll be able to attend next year in my Delta HF turbo! (Fingers crossed). Thanks also to Simon for giving me a lift  Wink.

Rob MacFarlane

1988 Delta HF turbo ie
2000 Fiat Coupe 20v
1987 VW T25 Camper
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 11 December, 2017, 11:20:53 PM »

Well you certainly did better than we did at on the Herts& Beds Christmas lunch at the Fox near Harpenden.
Two couples from our group had previously been there to try it out, and with favourable reports, The ' Festive Special 3 course Menu was booked for a party of 10.
On arrival, although the pub/ Restaurant was festivally decorated, there was nothing festive whatsoever on our table, not even a solitary cracker😕
when the waiter came to take our orders we were informed that due to them being let down by their supplier, there was no turkey ( never mind that a mile up the road there is an M& S food store, A waitrose, and others, any of which I'm sure would have been delighted to supply turkies), and as we soon found out, Christmas pudding, that had also fallen foul of said supplier, after a few comments we were asked what wine was like in compensation , a red was chosen, and a single bottle was offered for 10 of us😣 a few hoary pertinent comments later this was upped to 2 bottles. Talk about a let down.
Brian
8227 Roll Eyes

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
GialloHPEIan

« Reply #17 on: 11 December, 2017, 11:43:57 PM »

You are all very welcome.

Apologies to you, Charles, I was unaware of your mode of transport for the evening. Had I known, I would have been very interested in having a closer look and trying to convince the good lady to consider one. She tends to like vehicles of German origin and food of Italian origin, so half way there! Grin

Ian

1998 Delta HPE 2.0HF Turbo 16v
1968 Land Rover Series IIa Lightweight
2018 Fiat Ducato L2H2
2011 BMW 1 Series 118i M-Sport Convertible

Prev.Lancias: Beta Spyder 2000('80) Delta HF Turbo Martini('88) Prisma 1600('86) Montecarlo('77) Dedra Turbo(
Charles

« Reply #18 on: 14 December, 2017, 03:00:32 PM »

Had I known, I would have been very interested in having a closer look
Ian any time you fancy popping over for look and a coffee you'd be welcome.  There's usually some other interesting stuff here too - Augusta, Appia and Flaminia at present. Charles

Augusta berlina, Appia S3 berlina
Flaminia convertible 2.8 3c Touring
Beta spider S1 1600, Gamma berlina S1
Gamma coupe S1, Delta 1.6 multijet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd