Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:54:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhaust  (Read 2442 times)
Niels Jonassen

« on: 25 September, 2017, 01:31:37 PM »

Let me blow a bit of life in to this. A couple of years ago I bought a stainless exhaust system to the B20. It was very well made and fitted beautifully. But, the sound! It was very noisy and efficiently kept me from revving the engine. In the end I gave in and found all the bits and pieces to make another exhaust in mild steel. I exchanged the back silencer and the end tube. The Swedish motorfactor Biltema, with branches in all Scandinavian countries, has a huge rack with all sorts of tubes and silencers. So now I have a B20 with a much more pleasant sound, much like what the factory intended. And it cost about 10 % of the stainless steel exhaust. Any comments or experiences?
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 25 September, 2017, 01:57:39 PM »

Stainless systems used to be known for louder noise - two reasons perhaps: thinner sidewalls, and less baffling in the silencers. I've always run mild steel in Aurelias, in part because its relatively easy to service (weld) when something goes wrong.

Years ago, local mechanic here had some Abarth silencers that were about 6" wide, 24" long and 2" high, they fit very nicely under the floors, and gave a wonderful sound. Haven't found anything like that since, but they were a nice change. Now running pipes and silencers from Cavalitto - they cut the pipes to ship them (weld them back together when they arrive) and cost a pretty penny, but the sound is good. 

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 25 September, 2017, 04:32:25 PM »

I use IMASAF who will supply complete correct mild steel systems for all Aurelia models. They will also fit them for a nominal charge at their factory N of Padova.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd