Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:17:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone own the Aprilia mentioned in the book I'm reading?  (Read 2096 times)
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 28 June, 2017, 02:45:28 PM »

My sister left behind a book called 'Priscilla' by Nicholas Shakespeare. I might have walked past it in a bookshop because of its feminine looking cover but I haven't been able to put it down. It covers his aunts life (Priscilla) including her life during the Occupation in France. There are two mentions of Lancias. One was driven by by P. G. Wodehouse when he left Le Touquet but no mention of the model. After the war though she married a Mr Raymond Thompson, a mushroom grower of Church Farm, East Wittering, Sussex. He owned a silver Lancia Aprilia. I'd be interested to know if any of our Aprilia owners have his name listed in the history of their car.
« Last Edit: 28 June, 2017, 04:06:07 PM by stanley sweet » Logged

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
Sliding Pillar
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 28 June, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »

P. G. Wodehouse owned an Aprilia.
The BBC did a programme about his life some years ago (Late 1990's or early 2000's) and used the Aprilia I owned for some footage. I did see the episode, but sadly don't have a copy of it.

1955 Aurelia
1961 Lamborghini
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd