Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:15:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 96 Club meeting this Sunday 14 May and a big bash on 25 June!  (Read 4723 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 09 May, 2017, 05:28:13 PM »

My friend Simon is still encouraging more Lancias to turn up at the regular Sunday morning events in central London and he has just put the following post on the Lancisti forum:

In spite of mine and Colin Marr's best efforts, the 96 Club is in danger of being overrun by lesser marques than Vincenzo's finest creations. We typically get my 1972 Fulvia berlina - my everyday car - plus a lovely S2/3 coupe, a Flaminia Super Sport, Flaminia convertible and of course Anthony Hussey's gorgeous green B24 Spider, attending regularly. At the last meeting Vernon Holdaway was there with his perfect Delta Integrale Evo.

But we need more Lancias!

If the location and perhaps your assumption that it will be all posh moneyed folks swanning about, you could not be more mistaken. We warmly welcome the most down-to-earth people and their cars - even some Fiats...! The 96 Club is the best club that you don't have to join! You DO NOT have to be a member to attend the breakfast rendezvous - just come along with your car and drop a fiver in the box to cover food etc costs. I will personally cook you a bacon or sausage roll and serve you unlimited coffee and croissants etc.

Please visit the website at: 96club.co.uk

Here is the latest email sent to members and attendees:

The May 96 Club Chelsea Rendezvous will take place as usual in the gardens of Chesham Place, Belgravia, SW1X 8HQ on Sunday, 14th May. We shall be ready and waiting to welcome you from 9am until lunch time with bacon butties, pastries, tea and coffee.  Please remember to put your fiver in the donation boxes on the tables when you are helping yourselves to breakfast!

We have organised a lunch at the Hari Hotel in Chesham Place to follow on from the Rendezvous and still have a few spaces available.   The cost of the lunch is £40.00 a head and must be booked and paid for by Thursday, 11th May.  If you are interested in coming to this lunch please email suzi@96club.co.uk and I will send you the menu and method of payment immediately! 

Also, we will be holding our GRAND RENDEZVOUS on June 25th in Belgrave Square.  This of course means that June 11th in Chesham Place is cancelled.  However, we do want you to come on the 25th instead to this very grand Rendezvous!  Please contact me for a Registration Form, as on this occasion you will not be able to attend the Grand Rendezvous without having filled in a form and registered your car(s) with me.  It costs nothing and you will get four free tickets into the Show (normal price £10.00 each).  Cars will have to be in place by 10.45am and cannot be moved until after the public leave at 5pm.

Simon looks forward to seeing more of you on May 14th.
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 14 May, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »

Sorry to say, I didn't get to this event today, but Simon has sent the following report, complete with photos:

A glorious sunny day saw a fabulous turnout of 50-plus fantastic cars in the lovely setting of Chesham Gardens in Belgravia. Lancias included the beautiful Flaminia Touring coupe of David Annels - who saw the event posted on the Lancia Motor Club forum, the aqua verde colour B24 Spider of Anthony Hussey, Clive’s lovely Fulvia 2nd/3rd Series coupe, Vernon Holdaways immaculate Integrale and of course my own fine old Fulvia berlina (KPD 569K)
Other highlight cars included an original Porsche RSK Spyder - yes, NOT a replica, a Unipower GT, several Ferraris, Aston Martins, Maseratis, an Alvis, a Messerschmidt, and many more.

The next 96 Club meeting is the Belgravia Classic Car Show - the first time cars have been allowed on the hallowed turf of Belgrave Square Garden. This will be a wonderful event, with a big turnout of classic cars, a variety of food, entertainment and the opportunity to enjoy one of the loveliest garden squares in the UK. Harrods and Beauchamp Place shopping etc is nearby so no need for your partner to be bored...

Tickets will be £10 a head but if you come along in your classic, you will get four free tickets so no reason not to bring the family... For a form to enter your classic, please contact: either Suzi Grant at: suzi@96club.co.uk (www.96club.co.uk) or Sophie Calderbank at: sophie.calderbank@grosvenor.com (www.grosvenorlondon.com)

Simon

* IMG_0073[1].jpg (498.87 KB, 1306x979 - viewed 375 times.)

* IMG_0072[2].jpg (421.61 KB, 1296x718 - viewed 347 times.)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2017, 11:18:24 PM »

Colin,
Looks a great event.
I note the 25th June is a Thursday, what time does it start please, not being a London resident, does it comes under the London Congestion zone?
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2017, 07:27:49 AM »

Brian, I don't think the charge applies on a Sunday.

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2017, 12:01:37 PM »

Yes very friendly event - I'll always travel for good coffee and Bacon butties! Cars were predominantly Italian, the owners I met very sociable - and a few very eccentric!

Driving into London on a Sunday morning is also a revelation - it only took an hour from Aylesbury - I forget how close I am due to the normal traffic chaos!!

Heres another pic...

* Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 12.58.00.png (1163.21 KB, 877x661 - viewed 377 times.)

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 15 May, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

No congestion charge at the weekend - the roads can be literally EMPTY.

Love the photo of the blue Abarth.  Any chance of a Unipower photo?  (I know its an indulgence on a Lancia forum...not even Italian...)

David Laver, Lewisham.
Jay
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 15 May, 2017, 02:36:43 PM »

The guy behind 96Club is Michael Scott who is a good bloke and big Lancia fan having owned a number including a Flaminia Sport and the Steady Barker Astura (I think he still owns).  I used to go to these events when they were at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, but never made it further north. I must make an effort next time.

Julian Wood, Kingston, London
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:25:49 PM »

Brian, I don't think the charge applies on a Sunday.
Thanks Neil,
For some reason I looked up the 25th and made it a Thursday, but obviously looked up May in error Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd