Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 01:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flaminia production figures  (Read 3439 times)
denisbasson

« on: 15 December, 2007, 08:22:03 AM »

I would like to know if the club has any info on the yearly production figures for Flaminia Pininfarina coupes, ( or is it possible to obtain these figures )  mine is chassis number 823.00 1505 and the dates on the cylinder block and the heads are 1959, my question is how many coupes did Pininfarina build in 1959? Bearing in mind that the platform had to be shortened from a sedan size to a coupe size plus totally different windscreen and other body parts mine is 1505 that makes it the 504th car built as they are listed in La Lancia as starting at chassis 1001 ( is this staring figure correct ?? ) do you think that they would have built that many in the first year bearing in mind they are not really mass produced, that's ten a week  "plus "  as I don't know if there are higher number chassis than mine and only 3,000 plus were built all up in LHD and RHD.
Mine is a very basic example the other one here in South Australia has power windows and electric seat locking and very peculiar rear window demisting with an electric radiator and fan to blow hot air onto the rear screen and a different type of quarter windows in the doors
This question has been on my mind for quite some time as my coupe is different in some respects to some others I have seen, the front seats are different and the backs don't lock in place and it has different front quarter windows.

I would dearly like to find out the Pinifarina production figures for the coupes ie. how many were produced and in what years, does anybody have these figures or know if they are obtainable from Italy perhaps.

Cheers for now Lancias forever I eagerly await your replies

Denis

fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 15 December, 2007, 12:01:22 PM »

Hi Denis,

Can't be a lot of help as I can only use the same source as yourself, Namely "La Lancia, so anything between the build figures and years would appear to be an educated guess, going on the facts you have.
I shouldn't think the dates on the cylinder head & block would really have a lot of bearing, having been in Motor Manufacturing for 25 years before moving on, that is either the first date of the castings or the year that particular component was manufactured, but unless there were changes to the component, the stock of old would be used up first, so theoretically the whole run of cars could have had the same date on them.
However if this was different as far as Lancia were concerned, someone with a greater, more specific knowledge than myself will hopefully enlighten us.
Regarding the chassis Number Commencing at 1001, that is correct giving a total of 3052 built 1959-1962.

Regards
Brian Hilton
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
donw
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 15 December, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »

Dennis

Some figures from other publications in my library

La Favalosa Lancia published 1976 (a copy currently on Ebay)

1959 823.00 no 1001

contadicted by

Storia Della Lancia publised 1992

1959 646   gt , conv, coupe, sport 1960 1680
1961 1707 ditto

total production 823.00 1959-1962 3053

hope this helps

Don

Don Williamson
Member 111 joined 26th July 1963
1917 Theta 2str
1926 Lambda torpedo