Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:08:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barnet Southgate College – a resource of value!  (Read 1957 times)
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« on: 13 March, 2017, 06:12:55 PM »

I went to an event yesterday that was hosted by an organisation that needs to be better known. This was an open day for the Barnet Southgate College in north London to promote their apprenticeship scheme for skills related to Historic Vehicle Restoration. This is great – not only for the young people gaining these skills, but also for owners of cars who can get their bodywork done at very competitive rates. Some of the cars on display looked to have been done to a very high standard. See their website: http://www.barnetsouthgate.ac.uk/sc-body-and-paint-skills

I had the pleasure of driving there after a Chelsea gathering with Simon in his Fulvia berlina KPD. No need to relate the excitement of the journey, suffice to say that dense traffic across London meant there were only a few opportunities for spirited driving, but it was impressive. Once parked up at the college in the company of other historics it was encouraging to see the high level of interest shown in the Fulvia.

Two photos attached - one from the Chesham Gardens start and another in the company of others at Enfield. I was surprised to see how small the Fulvia looks alongside a Citroen Light Fifteen.

Colin

* IMG_2471.jpg (314.62 KB, 1093x681 - viewed 283 times.)

* IMG_2481a.jpg (184.42 KB, 824x540 - viewed 278 times.)
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2017, 07:23:13 PM »

Is Simon thinking of having work done there?
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2017, 09:50:17 AM »

Like many subscribers to this forum, Simon is very capable of taking on most of the mechanical aspects of restoration, but as we know, bodywork is more problematic. So, yes I guess Simon is thinking of using the college, but he also needs use of the car on a daily basis and he doesn’t want to part with it for long. I think KPD will continue to have its patina of age and good use for some time!

Colin 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd