Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:42:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O Aurelia , Aurelia! wherefore art thou Aurelia?  (Read 5812 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 22 December, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »

There I was traipsing around in the Mrs's wake through a clothing store in Sligo, Ireland when I heard a mother ( grandmother as it turns out) call to a child,

"Come on Aurelia, this way"

I spun around, as if tazered, "Excuse me, what did you just call you daughter?"

"Aurelia"........I looked down, she was 4/5 years of age and smiling.....

"She my grand daughter, her parents are on holiday in Switzerland"......I checked........"A-U-R-E-L-I-A....yes?"....."Yes"

There followed a conversation, why Aurelia, did she know where the name came from, I explained my interest and told her about said Roman origin , road and car. She thought it was a Swedish derived name.......

Happy Christmas' were wished all around and we parted....

Just what are the chances??!!

P

PS I know Simon has a daughter whose middle name is Aurelia and the story about the girl in Australia of B20 restoration fame, but apart from another mention or two on here, never had heard of someone actually called Aurelia in person.

Frank Gallagher
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »

Well someone in my area has that same first name and also shares my surname ( and no relation)

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 22 December, 2016, 08:19:38 PM »

We have an 'Aurelie', in the Belgian Club, her father had a Lancia dealership....close.  I didn't even try to give my kids 'lancia' related names, a bridge too far even for me.  We had a software consultant at work whose name was Vanessa Moretti, I was quite jealous of that, but she didn't know the carrozzeria...
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 22 December, 2016, 09:30:45 PM »

Not exactly personally known by me, but in the film Love Actually, the 'cleanthehouse' employed by whoever it was who shoved off to France to write a book having been cuckolded by his brother was called Aurelia!!

Andy
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 22 December, 2016, 10:10:51 PM »

Our son and daughter in law have a new baby on the way due in April and Emma mentioned last week that if its a girl, Aurelia is being considered as a name.
Is she teasing me or could it really happen?
Chris
PS they know the new arrivals sex.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 23 December, 2016, 12:09:16 AM »

I must say that I do think it is a beautiful name. It sounds feminine and regal, but not haughty or arrogant!!

Andy
Dikappa
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 23 December, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »

@ Chris: then you can be certain it's a boy Wink
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 23 December, 2016, 07:02:04 PM »

Not a person but a strange coincidence. When I'd owned my Fulvia for one or two years in the mid 90's my wife and I attended an Italian car weekend at Ixworth House in Suffolk. While we were there for the weekend we popped in on a friend of my wife who had moved to Suffolk. The name of her house was................Aurelia. No idea why as she hadn't named it.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #8 on: 31 December, 2016, 02:00:10 PM »

Can I mention my grand-daughter with middle name Augusta?
Brian

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 27 February, 2017, 08:33:53 PM »

There I was innocently buying my son a car this afternoon, 60 miles away in Craigavon, N Ireland, took a read over the V5, expecting a local name but was flabbergasted to find his first names were .....Flavio Aurelio......freakish...eh?!

P

Frank Gallagher
Kari

« Reply #10 on: 28 February, 2017, 09:12:57 AM »

I think I can add to the fun, my middle name is August, I am born in August and I drive an Augusta

Regards  Karl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd