Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:00:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wanted Fiat/Lancia Fiche reader long term loan or purchase  (Read 2464 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 26 November, 2016, 10:25:57 AM »

Hi All

I have had a pet project which I have been wanting to do for some while now which is to get the Beta fiches onto electronic format so that more than the lucky few who have both the fiches and a reader can access the parts data for the later cars. The problem is that (as far as I understand) the only source of parts info for the later cars is on fiche, earlier cars had parts books which are around and I have a couple of them, but around 1978/79 they moved to fiche.

Having investigated using a commercial outfit and had comments back from other folk about difficulties doing this, I have come to the conclusion the only way is to use a manual method which is somewhat laborious and requires a fiche reader. I think the Fiat/Lancia ones were pretty specific in terms of bed size and magnification (please correct me if no so as may make finding a suitable one easier), so I am on the lookout for either a long term loan (it will take some significant time to do this) or to buy one if I can find one at half sensible money.

So if anyone has something to offer...

Thanks

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 26 November, 2016, 10:28:38 AM »

Peter, you could try Kevin McBride of B20 fame, whose a member on here, plus still works in the supply of parts for FIAT etc in Dublin.

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd