Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 04:47:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia B20 Series 3 to 6 headlight rims  (Read 2070 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 06 October, 2016, 03:51:43 PM »

I have 5 steel and one brass headlight rims for disposal.
the brass one is perfectly useable as it is although the chrome is not perfect on very close inspection.

Regarding the steel ones, each one needs some work but they are all worth saving in my opinion.
The best one just needs stripping and replating.
The 2nd best one is stripped and has surface rust which needs to be polished out before plating It also has a hole about 15mm long x 3 mm wide on the inside bottom rhd.
The 3rd best one is distorted and needs reshaping then polishing then plating.
The 4th and 5th steel rims have each already been replated in  the past and they have both had slots 20mm wide and 10mm deep cut out of the inside edge at the very bottom just above the screw hole for some reason. One of these rims needs a little reshaping top rhs and they both will of course need replting. Again perfectly repairable and salvageable in my opinion.

I have no idea of prices and ideally I would like one person to take the lot, maybe to improve their metal bashing and welding skills over the winter
Any interest let me know and I will send you a photo.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 19 December, 2016, 02:35:37 PM »

All these rims have now found new homes. Thank you.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd