Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 03:58:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedra 1.8 ie  (Read 5333 times)
HPEHF
Megaposter

« on: 14 November, 2016, 11:20:30 AM »

Another caller to the stand at the NEC, the above car starts and runs, bought to be put on the road but realised that does not have the time.

All parts needed for the car will be provided.

Car in red, and located in Bedfordshire. Understand available to someone to take away.

Contact the owner on Nick.Clode@ntlworld.com
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2016, 12:07:17 AM »

Another caller to the stand at the NEC, the above car starts and runs, bought to be put on the road but realised that does not have the time.

All parts needed for the car will be provided.

Car in red, and located in Bedfordshire. Understand available to someone to take away.

Contact the owner on Nick.Clode@ntlworld.com

I've just emailed the owner to see how far away he is from me so I can go and have a look.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2016, 07:29:44 PM »

I did the same. It's in Biggleswade and he is available at the week end so perhaps we could go together.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2016, 11:34:02 PM »

Hi Frank,
Please give me a ring.
He's prepared to lot it go with a lot of new parts, but only if he has the assurances it will be put back on the road, rather than broken for parts.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 16 November, 2016, 09:40:02 PM »

Hi Frank,
Please give me a ring.
He's prepared to lot it go with a lot of new parts, but only if he has the assurances it will be put back on the road, rather than broken for parts.

Brian
8227 Cool
Nick has given me permission to post the contents of his email.

"The Dedra is a 1.8i.e. on an L registration, in red (or pink as it is now). I bought it a couple of years back to rescue it as the former owner was planning to scrap it to make space on his drive. It had a current MOT at the time and ran and drove very well (the MOT expired in July 2015). My intention was to bring it up to scratch and use it as a daily driver but it has sat languishing on my drive as I have other projects on the go.

The bodywork needs attention - it has started to go at the top of the front and rear wheelarches and the lacquer has gone in places and turned the paintwork Italian Car pink.

All of the electrics worked when I last drove the car, including the front windows, sunroof and door mirrors and the cloth interior is in great condition.

I bought a few parts to get the car back into a proper condition, including a clutch kit, new brake pads, timing belt, water pump and some other bits and pieces.

I will let the car go for free to a good home, along with the parts, on the understanding that it will be revived and recommissioned for the road. If someone just wants it to break it, then I'd rather keep it.

You're welcome to come and have a look - I'm around at the weekends."

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 21 November, 2016, 02:09:43 AM »

Hi Frank,
Please give me a ring.

Brian
8227 Cool
Nick has given me permission to post the contents of his email.

"The Dedra is a 1.8i.e. on an L registration, in red (or pink as it is now). I bought it a couple of years back to rescue it as the former owner was planning to scrap it to make space on his drive. It had a current MOT at the time and ran and drove very well (the MOT expired in July 2015). My intention was to bring it up to scratch and use it as a daily driver but it has sat languishing on my drive as I have other projects on the go.

The bodywork needs attention - it has started to go at the top of the front and rear wheelarches and the lacquer has gone in places and turned the paintwork Italian Car pink.

All of the electrics worked when I last drove the car, including the front windows, sunroof and door mirrors and the cloth interior is in great condition.

I bought a few parts to get the car back into a proper condition, including a clutch kit, new brake pads, timing belt, water pump and some other bits and pieces.

I will let the car go for free to a good home, along with the parts, on the understanding that it will be revived and recommissioned for the road. If someone just wants it to break it, then I'd rather keep it.

You're welcome to come and have a look - I'm around at the weekends."

Brian
8227 Cool

Frank & Myself went to visit Nick in Biggleswade today to have a look at the Dedra, yes it's a bit rough but it's certainly recoverable, and could with a bit of work be a daily driver again; or perhaps for someone to use rather than use their 'Best' Lancia during the winter,  worst bit is probably the paint as being red it's faded badly but I think a good T cut and polish would work wonders, there has also been a bit of not very good respray to the drivers front wing, Brakes would need attention for an MOT.
Strange thing there was a lot of induction noise which was traced to the bottom half of the air cleaner that was missing! in fact you can put your hand underneath and feel the underside of the filter!
Interior is as stated, very good, and all the electrics work, including electric windows on all four doors, Central Locking, electric sunroof, and all lights including spotlights.
I'm going to ask around in the hope I can find a garage or barn locally as I've been Dedra less too long, but I'm not going to hold my breath as they are scarce around here.
It's an Ex Cumbo's car from up in the Potteries, One of my Themas' came from them, and they sold a lot of Lancias.
As Nick said in his previous email he will only let it go free to someone who will put it back on the road, and I agree, but it would need to be a home job as Dedras still don't go for a lot of money, even good ones.
It has an LMC Sticker on the back window, does anyone remember the car, it's a 1.8iese.   L949 GVT
There is rust and it failed it's mot due to corrosion but this appears to have been fixed before Nick bought it.
Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 21 November, 2016, 02:12:56 AM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 21 November, 2016, 01:35:50 PM »

Here are some pictures. It took me a while to resize them. The outside is cosmetically challenged but is started easily on a cold wet day after not being fired up for quite a while and as Brian says all the electrics work. The clutch is tired but a replacement comes with the car.
Angle Grinder
Megaposter

« Reply #7 on: 21 November, 2016, 05:36:41 PM »

There's no shortage of Dedra front wings in the TDC store shed, and I'm sure we'll have a few air filter boxes too.

Rear wings are very rare though and whilst we have removed a few rear wings, they may have all been snatched up already.

We have a complete Dedra awaiting dismantling in the barn, but I can't recall if it is a 1.6 or 1.8

Current Cars: 1994 2.0 VIS Thema Station Wagon, 1967 Flavia 1.8 PF Coupe.

Previous cars:
1983 Prisma 1600
1991 Thema 16v i.e. SE
1988 Thema 8v Turbo
1992 Thema 16v i.e.
1983 Gamma Coupe (manual)
1993 Thema VIS
1994 Thema VIS LE
1990 Thema 2.8
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 21 November, 2016, 09:50:07 PM »

There's no shortage of Dedra front wings in the TDC store shed, and I'm sure we'll have a few air filter boxes too.

Rear wings are very rare though and whilst we have removed a few rear wings, they may have all been snatched up already.

We have a complete Dedra awaiting dismantling in the barn, but I can't recall if it is a 1.6 or 1.8

Thanks for that Mike, at least we now know a TDC Member or potential member or a potential member should be able to obtain access to the parts needed.
As far as I remember there's no difference between the wings on any of the models..
So far no luck in finding a garage Roll Eyes

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd