Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 07:47:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PRESCOTT HILL CLIMB OPEN CLASSIC CAR EVENT 13/14 MAY 2017  (Read 3043 times)
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« on: 11 October, 2016, 06:13:12 AM »

Sponsored by AUTOGLYM, FRONTLINE DEVELOPMENTS, LISTERS, RETROMARQUES,TONY WILLIAMS BODYSHOP and EFG International

Cheltenham Cleeve Vale Rotary Club invites classic car owners to an event to be held on the weekend of 13th and 14th May 2017. The event is open to all vehicles over 25 years old but exceptions may be made at the discretion of the organisers for particularly interesting younger vehicles.

Sunday 14th will be devoted to display and driving the famous hill, with passengers if you wish, in marshalled but un-timed runs.  Un-timed runs eliminate the need for crash helmets and the full gamut of safety equipment etc. However vehicles must be road legal i.e. taxed and insured. A Paddock entry donation of £50 per vehicle covers 2 runs up the hill, all passengers and a souvenir programme.  Entries will be limited to 200. Any additional runs available will be offered to paddock entrants, for further donations.
As before, we will also be having a static display in designated areas for classic, vintage and special vehicles. For those who wish to partake, we will also be repeating the gentle cavalcades up the hill so that vehicles can be displayed in motion to the attending public. We feel this significantly enhances the presentation of the superb range of vehicles expected.   A Static entry donation of £15 per car, covers all passengers, a free programme and a cavalcade drive up the hill. Block bookings by Clubs will be particularly welcome and we will endeavour to park such groups together.
On Saturday 13th we are offering an about 80 mile Cotswold tour starting and finishing at Prescott.
Spectators will be welcome on the Sunday, with a suggested donation for our charities of £15 per car.
All profits will go to Charities supported by Rotary and in order to maximise this, we are asking for your cooperation, where appropriate, to gift aid your payments so that we can reclaim tax.
Please note that dogs are not allowed anywhere on site.   

Contact geoffkimber@btinternet.com (hill climb)
gillphil@talktalk.net (Static)

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:00:43 AM »

I attended this event yesterday in my Aprilia, and enjoyed it tremendously. In addition to the two runs up the hill included in the entry, one could buy further runs for £5 a time. There were some very interesting cars there, including a comprehensive club display of Bucklers, groups of Berkeleys and S800 Hondas, a number of pre-war Lagondas, and a couple of sports racing Aston Martins, replicas I imagine. The Astons were particularly impressive. They looked splendid, were obviously powerful, and were driven with purpose. I did my best to push the Aprilia hard enough to put on a good show, encouraged by my nephew who is a fearless passenger. The rebuilt engine is now fully run in, and suspension and brakes working as they should, all thanks to Peter Harding. I think the crowds will have got the point, at least a little. Sadly mine was the only Lancia there. I do recommend the event to anyone for next year, and thank Neil for the information about it.
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2017, 11:27:29 AM »

Thanks for the write up Cesare, I'll try and arrange to go to it next year ... I've always wondered what it's like

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd