Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 06:28:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austin 7-Lancia Project  (Read 2959 times)
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« on: 04 October, 2016, 05:11:29 PM »

Austin 7-Lancia Project
 A 1933 Austin 7 rolling chassis with a 1937 Lancia Aprilia V4 engine & box. This was designed to make a lively if perhaps uncompetitive special, it currently has a Buff Form and had a Blue Form in the previous owner’s tenure. Family demands have beaten both of us so it’s time for a new owner, a bachelor or widower might be ideal. The chassis has been professionally adapted; reinforced along its length, the radius arms spread and the front crossmember moved to fit the new engine and box. Front axle bowed with a flat spring and the usual mods. Rear axle is a late Ruby with fat half shafts to survive a near doubling of engine capacity. Both ends have hydraulic brakes and sit on rebuilt wheels. There is also a very patinated cut down Box Saloon body, Chummy screen, odd spares etc. Inconveniently located in the west country but transportation is possible. Haggling should start at £4,500 and stop when the garage is clear. Dave Smith
Phone: 07792 193841
Email: dsmithave@yahoo.co.uk

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 October, 2016, 05:14:05 PM »

This used to be mine and is being sold by a very good friend.  When hunting for an Aurelia I saw an Augusta chassis at Ron's he later bought.  I'd be asking him why his project wasn't progressing when it would make such a fine car when finished and he'd do the same back at me until we swapped them.  Progress continued to be glacial but we stopped nagging each other or admiring the grass the other side of the fence.

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »

Its now in Bristol.  A house move and loss of storage/workshop space is what's forcing the sale.

David Laver, Lewisham.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 05 October, 2016, 09:46:47 PM »

Pity I'm in America at the moment, or I would be going to see it!
Regards, John
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd