Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 11:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Oxfordshire monthly meeting at Wendlebury  (Read 7160 times)
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« on: 18 November, 2007, 02:05:07 PM »

Tim and Jane Burrett have suggested starting a new Oxfordshire monthly meeting at the pub in Wendlebury, the first of which will be held on Thursday, 22nd. November from about 7.30 PM. All are welcome.
Neil Lewis
« Reply #1 on: 29 November, 2007, 11:10:47 PM »

Hi John

Did this meeting happen?  and how many people turned up?

Ever since Jane contacted me a few months ago about restarting the Oxfordshire meeting I've been looking in the magazine for a date but none has appeared.  Is this going to be regular on the 3rd or fourth Thursday at Wendlebury? cos I'm certainly up for attending.  I only stopped going to my old meetings when it was either just Ian Lloyd and me (I gave Ian a lift) or me on my own.

I really hope that Jane can get this off the ground but it needs more publicity; certainly more than I was managing to give the old meetings.  I used to publicise it every couple of months and it was very noticeable that people turned up when they saw it in the magazine but not in the following months when I didn't write to remind them.  So, when I stopped the publicity, the meeting stopped too.  Are Lancia folk that fickle?

Neil
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 30 November, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »

Andy Collins and I were thinking of popping along. It's about 90 minutes from home for me, which as Surrey members will know, is not normally an obstacle! However, on this occassion, I would have struggled to have been there before 21:30. Judging by the way the Bristol meeting has flourished in the past year, a little perserverance and publicity should be all it takes.
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 30 November, 2007, 02:40:12 PM »

The meeting duly took place and was a sucess, with nine of us turning up. Thats 6 more than the two times a friend and I went to the old Oxfordshire meeting! The food looked good and the beer was OK, but mine was the only Lancia in the car park. Seems likely that it will become a bi-monthly meeting, so perhaps we'll get a few more there in January - even possibly more Lancias. So, how about putting Thursday, January 25th. in your diary and making the effort?
Neil Lewis
« Reply #4 on: 16 January, 2008, 10:38:36 PM »

It's probably a bit late to post this now but...

The Oxfordshire bi-monthly meeting is tomorrow (Thursday, 17-Jan-2008) at the pub in Wendlebury (just off the M40 Oxford/Bicester turn) from 7:30pm.

I'm going to be there for a meal with the Bakers and the Burretts so does anyone want to join us?

See you there
Neil
Tim Burrett
Lapsed

« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2008, 06:59:37 PM »

The second bi-monthly meeting in WENDLEBURY took place on the 3rd Thursday 17 January 2008.
In November 2007 we were 9, this time we were 11 and about 9 had a meal at the RED LION, Main Street
WENDLEBURY, near BICESTER.  There is only one pub in the small village and it is easy to see because there are no street lights.

the next meetings are scheduled for
March 20th - 3rd Thursday
and                                               These meetings start from 19.30.  there is a car park
May 15th    - 3rd Thursday.

Neil Lewis was on the way home from work.   Tony Stephens and Mike Matthews arrived from over the Buckinghamshired border! Lin Hon and Peter Baker were on their way back to Evesham again and dropped in for a meal and a chat.

Tim and Jane Burrett

Directions:  Junction 9 on the M40: this is the junction with the A34/A41.  Wendlebury is clearly signed at the exits.
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: 18 January, 2008, 07:20:29 PM »

Thks Jane, we enjoyed the evening very much, nice to see three Lancias in the car park considering the weather.

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Neil Lewis
« Reply #7 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

The next Oxfordshire meeting is on Thursday, 17th July at 8:00pm in the Red Lion at Wendlebury.

That's just off the A41 dual carriageway between the M40 and Bicester so easy to get to by car.

Neil
Neil Lewis
« Reply #8 on: 16 November, 2008, 11:39:24 PM »

This coming Thursday (20-Nov-2008) at the Red Lion in Wendlebury at 8pm.

Arrive early and join us for something to eat; very sociable.

Neil
zagatoboy
« Reply #9 on: 11 March, 2009, 04:21:16 PM »

Does this meeting still happen?
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 11 March, 2009, 09:21:58 PM »

Yes - Here's Jane and Tim's message sent to the regulars.

Time  to let you know about the next  meeting of the Lancia Motor Club in Oxfordshire:

THE RED LION
MAIN STREET, WENDLEBURY
NEAR BICESTER
OXFORDSHIRE
FROM 19.30 you will find like minded people in the Red Lion where some of us have a meal, some a beer and some a coffee and some have all of those!  There is plenty of parking and it is off the road.  Wendlebury is near Junction 9 of M40 which intersects the A34 and A41.  Wendlebury is between the Junction and Bicester on a small old  road and it is clearly signed. There is only one pub in the village.

If you would like any more information please phone me  - TIM BURRETT  on 01869 241823 daytime or evening
or e mail janeburrett@googlemail.com

We hope to bring photos of the Goodwood Track Day which is on the previous Saturday 14th March where my Lancia Aurelia B20 will
have a good day out.

Tim and Jane Burrett
zagatoboy
« Reply #11 on: 12 March, 2009, 05:29:51 PM »

Thanks, see you there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd