Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 April, 2024, 10:50:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Restoration Worthy Basketcase: 1959 Lancia Flaminia Touring Convertible...in USA  (Read 2556 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 16 September, 2016, 09:34:56 AM »

http://bringatrailer.com/2016/09/14/restoration-worthy-basketcase-1959-lancia-flaminia-touring-convertible/

$47k start price, so get bidding!!!!

P

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2016, 09:06:02 PM »

Thought this was a very interesting comment by contributor aureliaspider to the thread of comments about this Flaminia.....anyone experience of or heard of Panelcraft Ltd of Budapest?

I am going to make a statement which even I would have regarded as suspect a few years ago.

This car is easily restorable, and the restoration is straightforward and would be fairly economical.

The answer is Panelcraft LTD in Budapest, Hungary. They have a 100-point jig for the Flaminia Touring Convertible. They already have all the chassis body panels which would be required here in stock. Within 12-18 months this could be a brand new car, and on a budget that makes economic sense.

We sent them a Flaminia Touring GT in similar condition, which I regarded as a parts car, it seemed totally unrestorable for any realistic cost. It will shortly be a brand new car. Now they are getting an Aurelia B20 from us for similar treatment.

I have long experience, we own 7 vintage Lancias at present, and we have owned dozens more over the years.

In my 30+ years of playing with old Lancias, I have never seen something similar to this operation in Budapest. What they are accomplishing seems almost impossible. Anyone with a Flaminia or Aurelia project should give them a call or e-mail. Also the strength of the US dollar now makes work like this in Europe extremely affordable, hugely less than just a few years ago.

P

Frank Gallagher
dannels
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2016, 05:17:44 PM »

Sold for just under £39k. Still some room to break even once restored!

1961 Flaminia GT, 1966 Matra Djet V
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd