Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:09:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos-Thesis  (Read 15545 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 28 September, 2016, 05:18:02 PM »

Silver Z following the Flaminia could by Colin Marr??

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 28 September, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »

I've never seen so many expensive casualties at a track day. Poor old Goodwood did look a bit sad back then.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 28 September, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »

Great photos Brian – thanks for putting them up. 1998 doesn’t seem that long ago to me and I remember it well.

The red Fulvia Sport had come off backwards on to the grass at Madgewick. The run off was onto the wet grass, and it just slid into the tyre-wall without slowing. But at that time the tyres were full of hard-core and had no give in them. My son-in-law was in the passenger seat, fortunately wearing my crash helmet. The impact with the tyre-wall broke his seat away from the runners and he shot backwards until the back of his head/ helmet hit the transverse rail across the back of the Sport and bent it to 45 degrees, and in so doing absorbed most of the impact energy. If the impact had been a few cms lower it would have been with the back of his neck, with dire consequences. This experience didn’t put him off and in recent years he would have been seen doing very quick laps of Goodwood in a rather special black Punto HGT.

Other photos show the Flaminia Coupe then owned and being driven by Simon Duval Smith. Simon is the current owner of Fulvia Berlina ‘KPD’, which has been reported on recently. In one photo the Flaminia is being followed by David Laver in his B20 and my Fulvia Sport is lurking in the background.

Colin  
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2016, 08:51:08 AM by ColinMarr » Logged
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 29 September, 2016, 06:08:34 AM »

Thanks Brian, never realised that track days of the past involved such carnage! Were the recovery firms on standby, or did they turn up on spec, like vultures hoping for rich pickings?
« Last Edit: 29 September, 2016, 06:12:35 AM by neil-yaj396 » Logged

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 29 September, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »

Wow ! Same view here - carnage ! The S4 looks great, wish I'd gotten to see it but it was before my time.

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 29 September, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »

I can remember being at a LMC track day at Castle Combe (which is a pretty fast circuit like Goodwood) when an Integrale driver totalled his car just after lunch. He then trailered the car out of the circuit, tipped it into a ditch somewhere else and then claimed a total loss on his insurance.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 29 September, 2016, 05:43:20 PM »

Not the first , I expect ...

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 30 September, 2016, 12:27:36 AM »

I can remember being at a LMC track day at Castle Combe (which is a pretty fast circuit like Goodwood) when an Integrale driver totalled his car just after lunch. He then trailered the car out of the circuit, tipped it into a ditch somewhere else and then claimed a total loss on his insurance.
Chris

I saw that one too Chris and I may have a photo , went of into the banking backwards and reduced it's length by a considerable margin, If I remember correctly it wasn't very old either Shocked
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 30 September, 2016, 12:35:01 AM »

I've never seen so many expensive casualties at a track day. Poor old Goodwood did look a bit sad back then.
Stan it didn't look it's best as the piles of dirt were where they'd started doing the improvements,It was much more accessible though and you could wander off on the grass rather than being corralled as now.
We didn't have this sort of carnage every year, this was a one off,  I think I said before the Delta was a track day car and bought very cheaply, so after totalling it he walked away after selling it to Barry Waterhouse.
I think the recovery bloke was well pleased with his days work that day.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 30 September, 2016, 12:44:34 AM »

Wow ! Same view here - carnage ! The S4 looks great, wish I'd gotten to see it but it was before my time.

Paul's S4 was amazing, and he'd also driven it all the way back from Italy, can you imagine anyone doing that these days! I also seem to remember Paul saying the Italian Police stopped them on the autostrada to have a look Wink

Anyone recognise any faces, I spotted Michael Newberry and of course Paul, along with Richard Carr who gave me a ride around in
POO 12 his Evo. there are other faces I recognise but can no longer put names to, Who was the pregnant lady? the baby is now a nearly grown up teenager, what was the lady photographer standing on the banking with her back to us taking a photo of?
I don't know if Paul remembers, but I did a Lancia Christmas card one year featuring Paul in the S4 negotiating the Chicane.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 30 September, 2016, 12:48:40 AM »

Great photos Brian – thanks for putting them up. 1998 doesn’t seem that long ago to me and I remember it well.

The red Fulvia Sport had come off backwards on to the grass at Madgewick. The run off was onto the wet grass, and it just slid into the tyre-wall without slowing. But at that time the tyres were full of hard-core and had no give in them. My son-in-law was in the passenger seat, fortunately wearing my crash helmet. The impact with the tyre-wall broke his seat away from the runners and he shot backwards until the back of his head/ helmet hit the transverse rail across the back of the Sport and bent it to 45 degrees, and in so doing absorbed most of the impact energy. If the impact had been a few cms lower it would have been with the back of his neck, with dire consequences. This experience didn’t put him off and in recent years he would have been seen doing very quick laps of Goodwood in a rather special black Punto HGT.

Other photos show the Flaminia Coupe then owned and being driven by Simon Duval Smith. Simon is the current owner of Fulvia Berlina ‘KPD’, which has been reported on recently. In one photo the Flaminia is being followed by David Laver in his B20 and my Fulvia Sport is lurking in the background.

Colin  

Thanks Colin,
Your son in law was very lucky!
I thought that was David in the B20 but I can't remember who was driving the Dedra Turbo, the Fiat Uno I think was probably Roy Winrow.
Thanks for the correction of who was driving the Flaminia.
Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #26 on: 06 October, 2016, 08:54:36 AM »

Thanks very much Brian.
At least a glimpse of the ypsilon is there...
Some great pics of the S4 at least from some you can see I am trying, it squats down, there is little roll through corners though, which makes it look like it is slow.
I won't comment further on the yellow damaged car..
Paul
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #27 on: 06 October, 2016, 10:58:57 PM »

Thanks very much Brian.
At least a glimpse of the ypsilon is there...
Some great pics of the S4 at least from some you can see I am trying, it squats down, there is little roll through corners though, which makes it look like it is slow.
I won't comment further on the yellow damaged car..
Paul

your Welcome Paul,
If you want hard copies I'm happy to oblige.

Brian
8227 Cool

Dedra Technical Adviser
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #28 on: 07 October, 2016, 10:19:31 AM »

Thanks again Brian, I will make the images into hard copies, thanks for the offer.
I didn't get stopped by the police in the S4, I did lose both back tyres at about 100mph which was interesting, on the Autostrada at Brescia in 90 degree heat, got collected within 10 minutes and was taken to nearest tyre dealer off motorway, which was impressive, and he had me by the you know whats as I had to change all four and he only had Michelins as size was a but odd then.
Had to forget my original plan which was to get to Nice and put it on the train to Calais, so drove all the way back, stopping for the night in Reims and continuing next day, had a huge headache, that I remember well, I guess fumes and stress!
The guy at castlecombe was from Manchester and the car was only a few months old, I remember thinking at the time, boy if he is not going to slow down in this rain, he may have a problem in a minute, as I could see the car getting out of shape, then next lap lost grip and four wheel skid backwards into the Armco.
Do not remember the Christmas card at all, anyone else know about it? Would love to have one.
Paul
Martin D
Megaposter

« Reply #29 on: 07 October, 2016, 04:34:08 PM »

That's it Cheesy

How much different Goodwood was then before all the safety features were put in, no paddock as such.
The Fewrrari is Phil Days, but I can't remember who the 037 belonged to, the Flaminia I think is Martin Buckley.
The Racing Fulvia Zagato is I think Louise, but the Shortened Zagato isn't.

Brian
8227 Cool

Didn't see an 037 ........ think you might mean Paul Millet's much altered Montecarlo with Alfa V6 etc, he's still got it, just back from the trip to Torino.
Martin.

1972 Fulvia Coupe 1.6 HF
1984 Montecarlo
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd