Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:35:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMC Revival starts here  (Read 24425 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 30 November, 2007, 05:25:01 PM »

Most importantly tone, style, energy, approach, focus etc.  New blood on the committee, new leadership at the helm.  Several really successful events, including some promising new ones, and a thriving local social programme.  And continued work behind the scenes on some of the remaining issues re governance, administration and organisation - more to do, but a far better recognition of what needs doing, and steps to get there.  That's all...

And a clear eyed recognition of what still needs fixing, and what has not worked well.  We're not perfect by a long way, but this is a decent club full of mainly decent people whom you would want to spend time with.  But we have some trolls elsewhere as well as on here - on both extremes of most arguments...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #46 on: 30 November, 2007, 07:44:39 PM »

As President of Club LanciaSport I would like to remind readers of this forum that CLS appreciates the freedom that exists here to exchange and express opinion.  And, at no time should any individual post be considered the offically held view of the committee.

Peter W. Baker

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
timuth
« Reply #47 on: 30 November, 2007, 07:53:24 PM »

So back original question....

What has changed?

New leadership etc does not mean things have changed... There has been loads of great ideas etc posted and banded about, but has any been taken up? 

As Peter has said this nothing to do with CLS. It's a LMC issue, Iam still a LMC member.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #48 on: 01 December, 2007, 09:04:23 AM »

a certain editor has been allowed to use a certain publication for his own means..

Maybe that's just a tiny bit like what you are doing (but without his finesse), Tim?  Monopolising the LMC Forum for your own personal vendetta?  Huh?

Howard Hughes did it, Randolph Hearst did it, and Rupert Murdoch did it, to name just a famous few, but Jack’s a more decent man than all of them put together.  What’s the use of having an Editor without a point of view?  Tongue

Reading between the lines of the Editorial column in “Viva-Lancia!” during the past year, one would hardly have guessed this was the  so-called ‘Winter of Discontent’, which was only vaguely hinted at.  I’m amazed that he has acted with such restraint, especially after I became really active on the LMC Forum in the last month and read all the posts, considering that I discovered such awful BILE, the vast majority of which sadly emanates from you. Sad

“Rome wasn’t built in a day” springs readily to mind, but I suppose you have a plan to single-handedly end the war in Iraq, and create peace in the Middle East by next week? Grin

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
timuth
« Reply #49 on: 01 December, 2007, 11:23:49 AM »

Personally I thought I was just asking one of the committee members to answer my questions about the promised improvements – and at least people can post an immediate response to my post, unlike in the Viva Lancia…

Personal vendetta = disgruntled LMC Member wishing for improvements.

An editor is certainly allowed an ‘objective’ point of view but I was not aware that threatening behaviour was this.

Finally, what I say may be ‘bile’ in your opinion but nobody has denied the errors and sorry since when are people not entitled to their own opinions without someone constantly telling them they are wrong? This is MY opinion and if others share it – fine, if not, fine – if not then at least people could have the good manners to debate the issue not try to impress their own opinions over others.

If I could end the war in Iraq and the ME next week and stop my friends and colleagues being killed – I would. After many tours I don’t appreciate a comment like that from someone that clearly does not understand what it is like out there…

I re-iterate: I was just asking one of the committee members to answer my questions about the promised improvements

At least then it would prove to people they were trying to build Rome even in some small way.
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #50 on: 01 December, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

Tim,
that you hold strong opinions is for nobody a problem, leastways nobody with some backbone.Only dead fish swim with the flow!

Nevertheless, the problem arises in the manner you tend to express them.The comments frequently transgress the fine line between robust challenging of the system and aggressive negativity. I think that distracts from some fair points you are trying to raise because people just "switch off" when they see the smoke rising.

That some things have happened you disagree with is just how life goes but neither reason or justification for returning the compliment with similar behaviour. Nelson Mandela said about negotiation "until I changed myself, I could not change others"
Seems wise to me and might save you a lot of frustration.

St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #51 on: 01 December, 2007, 12:50:45 PM »

...what I say may be ‘bile’ in your opinion

It's not so much what you say Tim, it's how you say it.  Roll Eyes

If I could end the war in Iraq and the ME next week and stop my friends and colleagues being killed – I would. After many tours I don’t appreciate a comment like that from someone that clearly does not understand what it is like out there…

I understand it all too well Tim, as I did many tours of duty in South West Africa and Angola fighting terrorists too.  While the loss of precious lives in war is always regrettable, I thought that as a man in uniform you would truly understand my hard-hitting analogy which I used only to show that these are not simple problems that can be solved overnight.  Sad

I re-iterate: I was just asking one of the committee members to answer my questions about the promised improvements

Tim, nobody's going to debate anything with you as long as there's 'conduct unbecoming'.  They're just quietly getting on with the job regardless...

Kindest regards,
Guy.

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #52 on: 01 December, 2007, 09:24:09 PM »

What he said.  And get back under your bridge.   Kiss

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
timuth
« Reply #53 on: 02 December, 2007, 08:57:04 AM »

Thank you for so pointedly being rude and telling me to "get back under my bridge".

It is clear I am not permitted to express my opinion or request further details on improvements - if any.

My very final comment is to say how no one so far has denied or confirmed what I have been saying...odd.

Farewell for I am now returning to the freedom of my underworld.
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #54 on: 02 December, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »

don't "get a cob on"
nobody said you couldn't express an opinion but that's not the same as assuming everyone will share it.
It wouldn't be half as much fun if you didn't rock the boat occasionally.Just don't come over as though your trying to sink it.  Wink
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #55 on: 02 December, 2007, 08:04:36 PM »

You obviously don't get my sense of humour Tim... Roll Eyes

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #56 on: 02 December, 2007, 09:25:13 PM »

Sorry Tim
As the song says.
" it ain't what you do it's the way that you do it,
It ain't what you say it's the way that you say it,
That's what gets results"

I'm unaware of you ever being unable to ask a question or venture an opinion, I would have thought that that in itself was an impossibility, Shocked but don't be surprised if not everyone agrees with you, or even disagrees with you with the same passion, or in the same manner.

Stay with us. Wink

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd