Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 09:31:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LMC Revival starts here  (Read 24432 times)
timuth
« Reply #30 on: 29 November, 2007, 12:06:36 PM »

Guy

I have my opinion, you have yours..

You have to learn from the mistakes and act on them. The past is very relevant in all issues, something that tends to be forgotten...

If the LMC is to be revived then it has to act on the wrong issues that happened in the past, and not bury it's head in the sand..
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #31 on: 29 November, 2007, 12:25:32 PM »

Whilst a good morale boosting initiative,I suspect this thread has served its original purpose and is running out of steam.
The LMC is no more or less than the sum of the people's enthusisam that make up the membership and seems perfectly robust enough to me.I see no requirement to talk anymore about having to revive things! You see by the number of regional christmas parties being addded almost daily that spirits are fine and for most people its just "business as usual" ie people enjoying like minded company and appreciating lancias.
« Last Edit: 30 November, 2007, 11:46:26 AM by Scarpia » Logged
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: 29 November, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »

I agree. And talking of Christmas parties the Vale of Evesham will be at its usual Italian Portway venue on December 16th. All welcome but places now reducing fast. Please call either myself or Lin for details 01 386 87 1040. 

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #33 on: 30 November, 2007, 05:17:13 AM »

In the Spirit of Present Christmas good cheer:

"A Merry Christmas to us all, my dears. God bless us" Which all the family re-echoed.
    "God bless us every one" said Tiny Tim, the last of all.

(From Charles Dickens' "Christmas Carol", and nothing to do with Python's "Christmas Carol" with a Kay, or "Rarnaby Fudge", or "Stickwick Stapers" in "The Bookshop" sketch.)  Cool

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #34 on: 30 November, 2007, 08:49:45 AM »

Tim, I have learned from my mistakes (not that you know me well enough to lecture me on that), and pride myself at constantly doing so.

(I'm beginning to think that posting on this forum is my most recent grave error  Roll Eyes, but I'm learning from this too!)

I believe the LMC has learned from their mistakes too, but unfortunately not everyone does...   Sad

Guy McDougall
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #35 on: 30 November, 2007, 08:55:42 AM »

Scarpia,

Posting on this forum has done nothing for my morals (on the contrary  Wink), but your good humour and technical assitance keeps up the morale.

Hopefully, many more positive posts will improve both?

Keep up the good work!

Guy McDougall
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #36 on: 30 November, 2007, 11:41:10 AM »

Stick with us Guy, there are only one or two trolls on here.

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
eyore
« Reply #37 on: 30 November, 2007, 11:49:47 AM »

Stick with us Guy, there are only one or two trolls on here.
Hear ,hear some things/people are better ignored.
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #38 on: 30 November, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »

Scarpia,

Posting on this forum has done nothing for my morals (on the contrary  Wink), but your good humour and technical assitance keeps up the morale.
Guy,

what's a "e" between friends.I wouldn't dream of questioning your morals. 

As usual the fingers go faster than the brain and my "spellcheck" dictionaries, (dutch, english and smart ass) failed to flag it and offer an alternative.

anyway glad the morale is in good form and the correction is in place.
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #39 on: 30 November, 2007, 11:57:46 AM »

Shocked

and I left out an "s" in assistance.

(Just having some more childish fun  Grin)

Guy McDougall
timuth
« Reply #40 on: 30 November, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »

Tim, I have learned from my mistakes (not that you know me well enough to lecture me on that), and pride myself at constantly doing so.

I believe the LMC has learned from their mistakes too, but unfortunately not everyone does...   Sad

Guy

I was not trying to lecture you at all, and am sorry if it seamed that way.

As for the LMC... maybe that is a new thread I will think about that.

There is a post further up saying to ignore certain people has proved my point about head in sand approach. People in the LMC aren’t allowed there opinions without being harassed.. Also by reminding members of the problems and mistakes I’m classed as a troll, does that mean truth hurts?

I have had a run in with most on here, but I don't hold a grudge against them.
eyore
« Reply #41 on: 30 November, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »

No head in the sand,just a call for good manners,politeness and common decency towards fellow Lancisti.
Hardly too much to ask ................
timuth
« Reply #42 on: 30 November, 2007, 01:05:02 PM »

No head in the sand,just a call for good manners,politeness and common decency towards fellow Lancisti.
Hardly too much to ask ................

So ignoring people is good manners?
St Volumex
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #43 on: 30 November, 2007, 01:30:30 PM »

Dear Tim,

No harm done - this time!  I'm just being my usual, pedantic self, playing with semantics, and yanking your chain a little!  Grin

I know exactly what you meant, but that wasn't what you wrote...  Huh?

The very fact that you are being allowed to post your opinions on this forum shows that the LMC is open to suggestions and is willing to accept even very volatile criticism, but remember that not everyone wants to speak to everybody else, nor should they be expected to.

"Birds of a feather flock together", and even in Torino last year where a wonderful spirit prevailed, there were complete strangers who didn't want to speak to me (for what reason I have no idea, perhaps just because 'we hadn't been introduced properly'), and a couple of Lancisti I avoided after getting to know them a bit better.  Roll Eyes  They just weren't 'my cup of tea'.  Neither here nor there, no skin off my nose, I still enjoyed a glorious time.

But I have to agree with Eyore along the lines of William of Wykeham (1324-1404) whose saying, "Manners maketh Man" (which was plastered on our high school English classroom wall), and adopted by Winchester College and New College, Oxford as their motto, makes all the difference.

Kindest regards,
Guy.

Guy McDougall
timuth
« Reply #44 on: 30 November, 2007, 02:06:53 PM »

After some thought....

After all the events of last year, for those that don't know, forgotten, head in sand, whatever... A short summary here... Link Deleted by a member of the committee as they can't face a reminder of the problems or the truth.

Not forgetting the LMC broke the data protection act, and a certain editor has been allowed to use a certain publication for his own means..

What has actually changed this year? And improvements made?

Apart from the articles of memorandum being updated.
« Last Edit: 02 December, 2007, 07:50:21 AM by timuth » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd