Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 02:00:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Delta Evo II - clutch slave cylinder replacement  (Read 2741 times)
torqueitalia

« on: 11 September, 2019, 07:46:37 AM »

Hi,

My Evo II clutch slave cylinder has just failed resulting in no clutch!

I have a replacement, however, the workshop doing the work are concerned about the steel bolts holding the slave cylinder to the gearbox bell housing are rusted. The problem being the bell housing is cast aluminium and they are worried about damaging the bell housing when removing the bolts.

Has anyone undertaken this replacement before and is there any advice or pointers on how to remove the bolts safely without damaging the bell housing.

Thanks
SteveGales
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2019, 09:16:18 AM »

Hi Keith.
 I changed the clutch slave cylinder many years ago on my evo2 and don't remember having to take any bolts off the bell housing. From memory and quickly checking the workshop manual the cylinder is held in the mounting bracket by a large circlip.

It will probably need a good soak with 'plusgas/WD40' to get it to move once the clip is off.

Regards Steve
torqueitalia

« Reply #2 on: 19 September, 2019, 08:19:22 AM »

Thanks Steve,

I just found a CD in my workshop with a servicing manual on it, passed this to the garage so hope there is something on it that helps them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd