Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 07:32:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Removing the latest Ypsilon rear light cluster  (Read 6173 times)
Chris Hopkins
Librarian
Megaposter

« on: 28 April, 2016, 04:33:58 PM »

Just in case you need to change any of your rear bulbs, I thought I would pass on my experience when the near side brake light bulb blew.
The handbook is not very helpful for this job but you don't have to disturb anything in the boot and you only have to remove the 2 pozidrive hexhead fasteners visible when you lift the tailgate, just to the side of the cluster.  However, it is held in place also by 4 plastic lugs so even with the screws removed it is still very tightly held.  So as not to damage the bodywork, use a thin piece of wood or plastic the width of the gap between the cluster and the body at the tight corner of the lens to prise it away gently towards the rear.  For things like this, I just put a bit of grease on the lugs so they may not be quite so tight next time.

Chris Hopkins
1971 Fulvia Berlina S2
1973 Fulvia Sport 1600
2011 Delta 3 Limited
2012 Ypsilon 1.2 Limited Edition
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd