Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 April, 2024, 11:27:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auto Express - Lancia in 2008  (Read 2085 times)
fensaddler
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« on: 14 November, 2007, 11:53:25 PM »

Rather corroborating what I've read in Autocar, the latest issue of Auto Express has a 'new cars for 2008' supplement, including a short piece on Lancia.  The Delta HPE is pencilled in for July 2008, with a possible UK launch at the British Motor Show at EdExcel (which may force me to attend this excuse for a show which should still be at its proper home at the NEC  Angry).

Perhaps most interesting is the projected starting price for the Delta of £14k, well below the projected price for the new Alfa 149, due according to Auto Express in the Autumn of 2008 (or 2009/10 if you read Autocar...) which is mooted to be a £20k ask (and if you ask me, is overpriced at that level).  At a £14k starting level, that does mean competition may not be so much with the A3 and 1 series on price, but perhaps the Golf and Civic.  That's fine by me - the 149 is pricing itself out of my company car allowance at that rate, certainly by the time I get a diesel with decent spec.

The article also suggests the Musa and Ypsilon in 2009 (again differing from Autocar, which seems to suggest a RHD Musa alongside the Delta in 2008).  Fiat and Alfa dealers are being suggested for sales - again contradicting what we have heard earlier about limited distribution through approved Alfa dealers only.  But like others on here, I'm waiting for the first invitation to a dealer's cheese and wine launch for the Delta...

Chris Owen
1987 Delta 1.3LX
2012 Skoda Yeti 112TSi 4WD
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd