Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:09:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FISPA original fuel filters and fuel pumps  (Read 2817 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« on: 01 March, 2016, 09:45:31 AM »

I have started retro fitting original FISPA  mechanical fuel pumps to our cars and fitting on/off switches to the electrical pumps as last summer we had two problems, both of which left me feeling a little exposed. Firstly a 2 year old Facet red top pump failed (I had a spare in the boot) and secondly we had a dynamo failure on a longish journey and I realised that if we were using the mechanical fuel pump (as opposed to the electrical one) we would travel further before the battery flattened.
I now realise I have a couple of used OE FISPA fuel pumps in working order for disposal and I also have a couple of spare OE FISPA fuel filters with glass bowls (the small size using a 34mm filter as opposed to the large 64mm one) and correct new UFI filters fitted. These do not have the pressure adjustment - they are just filters and on Aurelias were bolted to the bracket in the engine bay near the front rh inner wing.
Not sure about price for either to be honest and ebay doesn't really help as it appears these were also fitted to other 50's and 60's Italian sports cars whose parts prices are astronomic.
I suppose the pumps should be £45 + P&P £3.50 within the UK and the filters should be £75 + £3.50 P&P within the UK.
Any interest please drop me a line.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 01 March, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »

Hello Chris, I would like a fuel pump please Chris, if they have not already gone.

Interesting comments on the down side to electric pumps! Harry Manning gave me a lecture (more of a telling off) after I suggested that the Aurelia fuel pumps were not fit for purpose. He advised that any problem with the fuel pump would be down to poor maintenance!!!!

Andy
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 March, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »

All sold through the Forum now thanks.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator