Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 05:49:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: '54 Aurelia brake drum removal  (Read 2916 times)
Aureliaman

« on: 27 January, 2016, 12:26:52 PM »

I've spent hours trying to undo the large countersunk screws on my brake drums with no success! Does anyone out there know the secret PLEASE?
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »

The secret is to not try! Unless you really have to separate the drums from the hubs. I assume you want to get at the shoes and wheel cylinders? To do this you need a hub puller and its then a 5 minute job by removing the split pin and nut and then using the puller to draw off the brake drum and hub complete. It's only the earlier B20s where you can remove 2 screws and just take off the drum.
I can lend you one if you are desperate but I am away at the moment travelling for another 3 weeks or so.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Aureliaman

« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2016, 01:33:15 PM »

Thanks Chris - that simple eh? I now have to find that puller so I might just wait until you're home again ...
Aureliaman

« Reply #3 on: 16 March, 2016, 04:46:44 PM »

Hi Chris, As you say 'easy!' when you know how - it all worked out a treat! Many thanks, Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd