Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 06:23:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1966 fulvia coupe bonnett  (Read 4254 times)
fulvia815

« on: 23 February, 2016, 01:37:53 PM »

Tall order I know but I am searching for a series 1 steel bonnett in repairable  condition.
Can anybody help?
Dave
roddy

« Reply #1 on: 23 February, 2016, 05:27:09 PM »

Hello Dave

The Series 1 coupé has an aluminium bonnet, with a s/s centre strip (probably gives some strengthening?).  Not impossible to weld up the holes for the strip which will then let it fit on a Series 2 car and look okay.  The aluminium ones can 'tear' around the hinge plates area, and might need attention.  Series 2 and 3 coupés have steel bonnets, but as you will know, are very prone to rot along the front due to moisture lying in the double skinned area.  Omicron do (or used to?) patch part panels for across the front.  I'm not being rude, but I would suggest that you try and find a S1 bonnet as being a much better choice than the later steel one, as well as lighter too.

Sorry, but I can't help you out with sourcing one.

Good luck, and regards - Roddy

Roddy Young
Dunfermline, Fife

1970 Fulvia Sport S1 1.3S
fulvia815

« Reply #2 on: 24 February, 2016, 04:45:25 AM »

Hi Toddy,
Mine is steel. Apparently  some were steel and I think the later series 1s were aluminium. I would really prefer aluminium.  I have been offered one to my great surprise at a cost that was even more shocking. Have you seen any bonnets  being offered in the past and noticed the price, I need to know a figure to guide me through. I have no clues on the current  price.
fulvia815

« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2016, 04:46:53 AM »

Predictive problem there Roddy, sorry .
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2016, 10:17:31 AM »

I know it's not what you were asking for but I think Omicron also do fibreglass bonnet and boot lids. Lighter(?) and rustproof too if nothing else comes up.

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
fulvia815

« Reply #5 on: 24 February, 2016, 04:38:26 PM »

Thanks  very much.
Came across a few today, ranging from 500 to 2300 sterling. I shall probably go with Omicron who can repair existing one and I know that fits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd