Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 02:17:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LHD Fulvia 2c  (Read 33432 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 30 January, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »

Next time you are down Brian give me a ring and we can meet up. I only heard about the place a month or so ago when my niece's partner came down from the Midlands to collect a car (Consul Capri!) and the vendor mentioned them in conversation.

As you say, let's hope  the new owner is (or becomes) a club member!!

Andy

Andy,
hopefully if Paul gets another 2c he'll let me know, if so I may come down and have a look, particularily if anyone is interested.
Certainly worth a visit to see what he has for sale, but not the easiest place to find!
If I do come down I''ll give you a ring, although if it's nice in the summer I'll bring "Fay" for a run and bring my dogs with me.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
nthomas1
Rebel Poster

« Reply #16 on: 30 January, 2016, 09:52:31 PM »

I know what you mean Brian about the styling of the saloon. I was at Brooklands for the Italian car day a few years back and there were about a dozen coupes and one saloon and it attracted as much attention from non-Lancia spectators as all of the coupes put together!

Norm Thomas
Ormskirk, Lancashire

Own:
1973 Fulvia S2 Coupe
Previous Lancias: S2 Coupe and S3 Coupe in late 1970s
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #17 on: 30 January, 2016, 11:49:59 PM »

It would be interesting to know why the dash boards break like that. The plastic probably gets brittle with age but I would assume the two parts are anchored separately so they pull apart. It would be worth establishing, so the problem can be eradicated before going to the trouble of repair. Then it should be straight forward to glue it back together and if done with care the crack might cease to be obvious. Otherwise it would have to be filled and re-painted which makes the job so much more complicated with colour matching etc.
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 31 January, 2016, 03:51:03 AM »

Looking at the website of this Fulvia 2C seller, it strikes me that he might be useful to the forum members who want to buy a car from Italy but who don't want the fun, risk or challenge of doing it themselves as long as this seller isn't greedy or untrustworthy. He seems to have been tasked by other UK based old Italian car enthusiasts to source, transport and import specific models on occasions and also oversee the UK MOT and registration. There are testimonials on the site to this effect.
He seems to operate in NE Italy which is one of the more prosperous areas and which is reasonably densely populated. It happens to be the area in which we live and from time to time I see what nice S1 Fulvia sedans are available and at what price.
For him to offer this 2C at £5,995 ( but what has he actually sold it at?) Including all the attendant costs of Italian registration cancellation, transport to UK, UK registration and MOT and any mechanical problems MOT wise, it does not seem to me that he is greedy.
Good low mileage S1 Fulvia sedans are becoming more sought after in Italy and I think there is a reluctance on the part of the Italians to buy old cars from the S of Italy unless absolutely necessary. Whether this is caused by a perception of Sun damage, poor roads or lack of trust I do not know. All I know is that it exists.
No connection to seller of course.
Chris.

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 31 January, 2016, 08:17:31 AM »

Next time you are down Brian give me a ring and we can meet up. I only heard about the place a month or so ago when my niece's partner came down from the Midlands to collect a car (Consul Capri!) and the vendor mentioned them in conversation.

As you say, let's hope  the new owner is (or becomes) a club member!!

Andy

Andy,
hopefully if Paul gets another 2c he'll let me know, if so I may come down and have a look, particularily if anyone is interested.
Certainly worth a visit to see what he has for sale, but not the easiest place to find!
If I do come down I''ll give you a ring, although if it's nice in the summer I'll bring "Fay" for a run and bring my dogs with me.

Brian
8227 Cool

That would be great Brian, let's try to make it happen!!!

Andy
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 31 January, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »

It would be interesting to know why the dash boards break like that. The plastic probably gets brittle with age but I would assume the two parts are anchored separately so they pull apart. It would be worth establishing, so the problem can be eradicated before going to the trouble of repair. Then it should be straight forward to glue it back together and if done with care the crack might cease to be obvious. Otherwise it would have to be filled and re-painted which makes the job so much more complicated with colour matching etc.
Hi Frank,
Garry Regan who has a GT iin Australia just sent me his views on the subject, once you've got the cover off it's no problem to match a silver, I did it in 2000 as "Fay's" was very grubby but not broken, as Garry says I think the big problem is probably over tightening at some time, this one also didn't seem to be seated correctly.

Brian
8227 Cool

"I had a much smaller crack in my dash.
I removed the dash, glued the crack and then glued a thin plate on the back to act as reinforcing.
I then sprayed the dash using a pressure can (because we enthusiastically cleaned the dash when we first got the car and removed some silver paint)

Then install the dash and be very gentle when doing up the support nut. Finger tight. I suspect that people over tighten this nut and thus put a lot of pressure on that corner of the dash panel."

« Last Edit: 31 January, 2017, 11:02:44 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 22 February, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »

On my ‘front’ part of the dashboard which is cracked, the crack widens in the very cold weather and on closer inspection, the plastic moulding is under compression when the car is very cold bending upwards slightly like a banana in the centre. This is obviously what has caused the fracture as I think it is only really held in place by 2 studs the same as the Essex car.
We were out in the GTE yesterday over on the Adriatic coast near Chioggia on a very sunny day (35 deg C in the sun and 15 deg C in the shade) with the very efficient heater on in the beginning and the crack closed up completely during the journey.
I will take it out during the Spring and try to reinforce it in the area from behind (and also open out the mounting holes in the body slightly) unless a good replacement rhd one comes along.
Chris

Chris Gawne
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #22 on: 24 February, 2016, 03:39:20 PM »

On my ‘front’ part of the dashboard which is cracked, the crack widens in the very cold weather and on closer inspection, the plastic moulding is under compression when the car is very cold bending upwards slightly like a banana in the centre. This is obviously what has caused the fracture as I think it is only really held in place by 2 studs the same as the Essex car.
We were out in the GTE yesterday over on the Adriatic coast near Chioggia on a very sunny day (35 deg C in the sun and 15 deg C in the shade) with the very efficient heater on in the beginning and the crack closed up completely during the journey.
I will take it out during the Spring and try to reinforce it in the area from behind (and also open out the mounting holes in the body slightly) unless a good replacement rhd one comes along.
Chris

Chris,
I've just taken "Fay" for a run as it's a nice day and my panel lies completely flat.
I've also just had a look at some photos I took when I removed it the last time (2009) and there should be no need to open up the centre holes as these are quite large, note how deeply they are recessed, if I remember correctly there are two cone shaped bosses on the back of the centre of the panel that fit into the recesses, I can only think that the panel hasn't fitted back correctly, do you have a speaker fitted? if I remember the correct speaker needs large holes to fit over the bosses and lie flat against the perforated speaker section, if not the correct speaker this could be a problem, I've been looking for years for an elliptical speaker with holes big enough with no success.

Brian
8227 Cool

* 12092009904 copy.jpg (113.02 KB, 600x450 - viewed 656 times.)

* 12092009905.jpg (897.51 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 394 times.)

* 12092009906.jpg (905.28 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 399 times.)

* 12092009907.jpg (789.82 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 377 times.)

* 12092009910.jpg (776.33 KB, 2592x1944 - viewed 401 times.)

* 12092009911 copy.jpg (120.16 KB, 500x346 - viewed 758 times.)

* 12092009912 copy.jpg (96.24 KB, 500x375 - viewed 683 times.)

Dedra Technical Adviser
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 23 December, 2016, 12:45:46 AM »

Well the story continues.
It started off for sale near Southend in January.
After being told that it had sold around February to someone in Scotland for near the Asking price of £6500; much to my amazement it turned up at a Classic Dealers in Northampton about 4 months ago for a staggering asking price of £999,95; so yet again it was with some surprise I spotted it again with a Classic & American Dealer in Chelmsford, but now at a more realistical £7995.99.
I now wonder where, and for how much it will turn up next Huh?

I still think it's over priced, but generally it's a very original 2c in nice condition, and I hope someone takes it on before much longer, although I suppose being a LHD isn't helping.

Brian
8227 Cool
« Last Edit: 31 January, 2017, 11:04:58 PM by fay66 » Logged

Dedra Technical Adviser
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #24 on: 31 January, 2017, 09:48:52 AM »

Hi everyone!

I am the newest owner of this car. Glad to join the club!
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 31 January, 2017, 09:53:13 AM »

Well done Neil, we look forward to reading all about it!

P

Frank Gallagher
Lapsed Cesare Ferrari
Lapsed

« Reply #26 on: 31 January, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »

Neil,

there is no nicer post-war car than a Fulvia berlina in my opinion, not wholly uninformed having owned three at various times. Happy driving in yours.

Cesare
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #27 on: 31 January, 2017, 11:39:06 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Looking forward to getting stuck into ownership!

Brian, I will be tapping you up for advice if the offer still stands?

Viva Lancia!
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #28 on: 31 January, 2017, 12:42:53 PM »

Well done Neil. S1 Fulvia Berlinas are lovely cars and still drive well in today's road conditions. Looking forward to hearing in detail ref your car.
Chris

Chris Gawne
balderz
Lapsed

« Reply #29 on: 31 January, 2017, 01:15:29 PM »

She is a lovely car to drive indeed. She has an aura that makes me smile just sitting in her.

Nothin much has changed since Brian's write up at the start of the thread. She is still in need of a good tidy up to the roof lining, I have only encountered the screeching rev counter once, so far (very cold morning might have something to do with it) and it was like a banshee! I have booked her in to Omicron for a few minor niggles, including the sloppy gear change as previously mentioned.

I'm going to have to look around and find local members to me now, so anyone in Norfolk, don't be shy!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd