Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
19 March, 2024, 03:50:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LANCIA CHARABANC‏ poster for sale  (Read 3803 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« on: 28 December, 2015, 10:12:02 AM »

The LMC has received this information -

Hello,

As a once long time member of the Lancia Motor Club but sadly not currently a Lancia owner, I have never lost my passion for the marque and still regard myself as a ‘Lancisti’. Whilst living in Kent, I could claim with relative impunity. to have had the only Flaminia Berlina taxed and on the road (and at several LMC events). My reason for writing is to draw attention to an advertising poster that I spotted for sale in a ‘collector’s’ shop in Newport, Isle of Wight (now my home). Said poster is for sale at £125 (although there might be some room for negotiation). The owners of the shop are friends of mine and allowed to me copy the image for the purposes of sending you the information. If any member is interested in purchasing the poster, they can e-mail me and I will pass on their details.

Alec Alexander

I will forward to interested members Mr Alexanders email address upon receipt of a pm from members.

P

* image.png (1183.22 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 548 times.)
« Last Edit: 28 December, 2015, 11:57:04 AM by peteracs » Logged

Frank Gallagher
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 08 January, 2016, 12:53:01 PM »

Further information from Alec.

"I have done a bit of research on the IOW Poster with the Lancia ‘Charabanc’ and think it could well have been an Island registered vehicle. In a book, recently published by Mark Chessel, he lists known Island registrations back to when records started. A Lancia “RTC” 14-Seater Charabanc, body by “S.W.M.Blundell”, Reg No. DL 1807 is listed in 1921. In another book by the same author, there is a list of “known to still exist” DL numbers but DL1807 is not included, so there is no photograph, so could be the subject of a “Where is it now?”

I hope this may be of use."

P

Frank Gallagher
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd