Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 06:16:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia in China  (Read 2290 times)
peterbaker
Permanent resident

www.retro-speed.co.uk

« on: 07 October, 2015, 03:21:46 PM »

Sorry about the image quality but this is the third series Aurelia belonging to Neils and Hanne Jonassen. I took it from our moving car. Apart from a berlina that took part in the Peking-Paris Im sure no other Aurelia has been to China

* photo (1).JPG (158.04 KB, 640x424 - viewed 293 times.)

1961 Lancia Flavia 1.5 Berlina. FIAT Abarth. 1954 Daimler Conquest. 2003 MG ZT-T 135. 1998 SAAB 9-5 3 litre turbo.
Niels Jonassen

« Reply #1 on: 11 October, 2015, 08:51:30 PM »

This is a very good way of showing how capable the Aurelia is. We have used this car extensively since 1982 and have driven in it through England, Scotland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Germany, France, Holland Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, the Czech Republic and Italy. And now China. Plus, of course, Denmark where we live. In June we drove 3800 km through Finland, Sweden and Norway before shipping the car off to China. It is a perfectly standard series 3 except an electric fuel pump in stead of a mechanical one and a Nardi floor gear change. We used the original column change for many years, but I must admit that the floor change is an improvement. In my view the car is still original because you could order a floor change at the time. The fuel pump is fitted in front of the radiator to make sure that fuel is a cold as possible before it reaches the carburettor. Modern fuels evaporate at much lower temperatures than fuel of the 1950s. I can only recommend that you use your Aurelia the way it was intended to be used - as a long distance motor car. It thrives on it. And so do you.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 11 October, 2015, 10:09:00 PM »

Well, that has set the benchmark very very high!!!! One day, I hope, one day ......

I am sure you are having a brilliant time Niels!!

Andy

DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 12 October, 2015, 08:22:30 AM »

Where did that long distance rally Berlina get to...

David Laver, Lewisham.
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 12 October, 2015, 08:23:08 AM »

In the sense of the routes it took rather than "where is it now".

David Laver, Lewisham.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd