Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 07:00:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: S2/3 Rear brake pressure limiter  (Read 3539 times)
Caracad

« on: 06 October, 2015, 09:19:37 AM »

The rear pressure limiter appears to be seized.
Just getting the car ready for MOT and saw the rod linkage had become detached from the rear axle.
Long bar doesn't want to go up enough to align with axle drop link. Limiter valve piston doesn't budge.

Anyone know if I can buy a new limiter valve or are they serviceable?
Scott
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 07 October, 2015, 11:33:36 AM »

Yes, this is a nice feature on the Fulvia which alters brake balance front-to-rear depending on how much weight is over the rear axle.

Quite some year's back I had a similar issue and since I was overhauling the entire brake system anyway I'm sure I obtained a new one from Omicron (http://www.omicron.uk.com) rather than trying to service the existing one.

The part number should be 4178751 I think and should be relatively inexpensive (e.g. http://lancia-parts.com/article/Fulvia/Fulvia+Coupe+S2/Brakes/4178751.html)

Regards,
Scott.
Caracad

« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2015, 03:46:47 PM »

Okay thanks Scott. Ill give Omicron a call.
Caracad

« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »

Okay so received a new limiter valve from Omicron.
Great, however I now realise the plunger on the valve doesn't really plunge it just moves a tiny amount and senses the pressure acting on it during braking. So the one on the car is not, in fact, seized.
I just had to adjust the linkage. I did get a nice rose jointed drop link from Omicron to replace the original part which was broken.
Thought I'd post this, as someone may find it useful in the future.

Actually a good service from Omicron. Not really used them before as they don't really cater for "newer" cars like the Gamma. In fact no one really does Gamma parts, so it's great to have a Lancia that you can actually by parts for.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2015, 10:10:26 AM »

Also if the ride height is altered the drop link may need adjustment. The 'rose joint' link sounds good.

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »

and I'm sure they will take the limiter back.  Always had first rate service from them.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd