Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 08:11:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: National Weekend 24th to 26th June - Highgate House, Northamptonshire  (Read 27509 times)
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #45 on: 05 July, 2016, 11:13:37 AM »

Woke up in the middle of the night last night as it was so hot and lay there wondering if I had read your . earlier post regarding the lhd blue Fulvia GTE correctly?
'Incidentally our young friend has dropped it slighly, has widened the wheels and it has negative camber front and rear, different cams (1600?) and solex 42's, so it should be quite lively.'
Forgive my stupidity but how does one alter the camber on the rear of a Fulvia unless one bends the axle of course?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
stanley sweet
Lapsed
Permanent resident

« Reply #46 on: 05 July, 2016, 03:44:40 PM »

I remember John Day explaining how he put negative camber on a coupe and it was exactly that - heat the centre of the rear axle. Not sure how you would get an accurate number of degrees each side but I'm sure he had it all worked out. Also I'm not sure what happens to the springs. I suppose they must have enough give to sit at a slightly different angle at the point of the axle?

1971 Fulvia 1.3S 'Leggera'  1999 Lancia Lybra 1.9JTD LX SW
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #47 on: 05 July, 2016, 04:13:05 PM »

Woke up in the middle of the night last night as it was so hot and lay there wondering if I had read your . earlier post regarding the lhd blue Fulvia GTE correctly?
'Incidentally our young friend has dropped it slighly, has widened the wheels and it has negative camber front and rear, different cams (1600?) and solex 42's, so it should be quite lively.'
Forgive my stupidity but how does one alter the camber on the rear of a Fulvia unless one bends the axle of course?
Chris
No idea Chris but that's what he said and in the metal it certainly seems to have negative camber.
I'm sure if you rang Omicron where he works he'd be more than pleased to tell you what he's done. Shocked

Cheers
Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd