Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:06:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Coupe Hi-Fi  (Read 12833 times)
sweeet-twincam

« on: 10 August, 2015, 08:37:43 AM »

Hi guys, well , after rescuing No 066 from certain death, it appears to be very saveable........So i`m on a quest to gather parts for it , for it`s resurrection...
PARTS REQUIRED:
Front and rear black bumpers required....
Pair of doors ideally......
The front lip spoiler......
O/s front headlamp surround trim..
All headlamps...(Are BMW ones useable, or Capri ones..? )
Original Hi-Fi radio unit.........
Orig front screen with blue top tint...

Any info or contacts about the parts please email: enquiries@italianraceservices.co.uk

Theo knows me very well.....

Regards.........Mark

* WP_20150805_001.jpg (279.31 KB, 1632x918 - viewed 604 times.)
« Last Edit: 11 August, 2015, 07:45:58 AM by sweeet-twincam » Logged
sparehead3
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 10 August, 2015, 10:50:12 AM »

Hi,
Nice to know it's in the club Smiley - from a model point of view, how does this fit into the Beta Coupe - I assume it's a limited edition of one of the final coupe ? If you let me know what it is then I'll add the details into the database and this car can go in as a sole example ( I assume a sole example Smiley ).
« Last Edit: 10 August, 2015, 11:21:57 AM by sparehead3 » Logged

Regards,
Steve Pilgrim
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 10 August, 2015, 10:56:12 AM »

I think the HiFi was a "run out" special edition to clear stocks before the facelift model came in. Am I right there were 100. Any way, they were all individually numbered with the number appearing inset into the go faster stripe above the sill. They had a special front and back spoiler and were fitted with a Voxon (?) sound system.

Frank
HPEHF
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 10 August, 2015, 12:49:26 PM »

Steve,

I know of another in the club - Brian Davis (no relation) has a white one. Was at Cheltenham Chase AGM a few years ago.

Regards

Simon Davis
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #4 on: 10 August, 2015, 10:16:47 PM »

Hi

On the lamp surround, is it the black plastic surround you need?

On the screen is it tinted as well as the blue strip?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
sweeet-twincam

« Reply #5 on: 11 August, 2015, 07:45:08 AM »

Hi, Yes its the black plastic surround that is broken....the screen is just the top-tinted strip in blue, don`t think the whole screen is tinted.......but will double check.......Also, just noticed the bumpers should be black..? the rear is missing and the front is stainless........wonder if i can get black ones too..? (added to shopping list)
sweeet-twincam

« Reply #6 on: 11 August, 2015, 08:02:47 AM »

Apparently this one is now in the Channel Islands..?...anyone know who has it..?...
http://car-from-uk.com/sale.php?id=21501
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 11 August, 2015, 08:44:06 PM »

That one in the Channel Islands looks like one that was on e-bay a while ago. It doesn't have original graphics, I think, as the sill stripe should be deeper with the number inset at its' trailing edge in the same style as the boot on the boot lid of yours.

As to the bumpers, they are standard stainless ones refinished in black as part of the special edition. You won't find them anywhere else so you might as well refinish what you have got.

I have a pile of Beta bits I was collecting for a restoration if you are interested. My interest moved on to other things so the Beta went to free up space but the purchaser didn't want the parts.

Frank
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #8 on: 11 August, 2015, 09:22:57 PM »

Hi Frank

I would be interested in knowing what have available, especially if any early Beta parts. Can you PM me?

Mark, I have the black surround, they are handed, which do you need? I think the screen I have may be green not blue, will have to check when I get home later this week.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 13 August, 2015, 06:02:38 AM »

Steve,

I know of another in the club - Brian Davis (no relation) has a white one. Was at Cheltenham Chase AGM a few years ago.

Regards

Simon Davis

I thought the HiFi's were all this brown/bronze colour?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 13 August, 2015, 04:17:09 PM »

Steve,

Regards

Simon Davis

I thought the HiFi's were all this brown/bronze colour?

I stand corrected. They were available in several colours. The 'limited' edition run was 300.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 14 August, 2015, 08:34:04 AM »

Doing some digging in my files I found a feature in Practical Classics of Feb 2000 that mentions the HiFi.

"LOUD MUSIC PLAYED IN A FIELD
No not Glastonbury, but the Beta Coupe HiFi. Sales were on the floor by 1981, and Lancia had 300 unsold coupes decaying gently in a field. Some had been there for up to two years. To get them shifted, Lancia's UK importer got Tickford, the tuning, body-styling and development company that was once part of Aston Martin, to hype them up with a metalic respray, dodgy stripes, hefty black spoilers, pirelli P6 tyres and Voxson sound system complete with graphic equaliser.
Each car was numbered, but buyers were less than thrilled when they discovered that their cars were rather older than they seemed."

The reference to metalic paint is incorrect and I seem to recall Tickford was then still part of Aston Martin at the time so the adverse comments can be taken with a pinch of salt. The crucial point is that the updated Beta was due for release in 1982 with revised bumpers, front spoiler, new grille, altered fuel filler location and fuel injection on the 2 litre engine. Clearly something had to be done to sell the remaining stock of the outgoing model which I would argue was more an act of commercial prudence than of desperation.

Somewhere I have pictures of the Voxson system which I will post if I find them.

Peter, I will do an inventory of Beta parts and try to remember how to pm you.

Frank
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #12 on: 14 August, 2015, 09:36:19 AM »

Hi Frank

If you look just below where my username and photo are is on the left hand side, you will see a small quote symbol, simply click that and you will go to a message box.

I will send you one as well.

Peter

Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #13 on: 19 August, 2015, 08:37:40 AM »

Here is the promised picture of the original radio cassette. They weren't a Lancia fitment so I suspect a search outside Lancia circled may be needed.

Also a couple more pictures culled from e-bay in the past.

* Beta HiFi 6.jpg (34.54 KB, 500x333 - viewed 1230 times.)

* Beta HiFi 4.jpg (26.3 KB, 400x266 - viewed 1475 times.)

* Beta HiFi 2.jpg (24.29 KB, 400x266 - viewed 2072 times.)
sweeet-twincam

« Reply #14 on: 19 August, 2015, 04:46:50 PM »

Here is the promised picture of the original radio cassette. They weren't a Lancia fitment so I suspect a search outside Lancia circled may be needed.

Also a couple more pictures culled from e-bay in the past.

Thanks for the pics..!!
Where was the graphic equalizer sited then..?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd