Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:31:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice sought on Beta Spider seats  (Read 2587 times)
2cojones

« on: 11 November, 2015, 01:57:51 AM »

Hi All,

I have just bought some secondhand Beta Spider seats and, having looked over them, have a couple of queries about them and would really appreciate some help :

1. Are the rear seat bases on the Spider (2000 F/L model) meant to have one or two locating lugs, or pins - each of mine have just one lug on the bottom of each base, although on one it's very weak, barely hanging on, so cannot be used.

2. How do I tighten the front bolt which holds the runner to the front seat - on these seats one runner is loose and I cannot get an Alen key to it for the runner being in the way (the rear bolt on the other hand is easily accessible).

Best regards,

Chris
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 11 November, 2015, 10:19:13 AM »

With the bolt you can't reach I seem to remember you have to remove the stop that prevents the seat from sliding too far and then run the seat right off the runner so you have access to the bolt. The runner is made of two rails that I would describe as roughly "top hat" profiles with free running rollers inside. It would be an idea to clean these up and re grease them whilst you have it all apart. Someone else may be able to be more specific about removing the stop from the sliding mechanism.

Frank T
2cojones

« Reply #2 on: 12 November, 2015, 01:01:45 AM »

Thanks Frank, you are exactly right it is a 'top hat' profile and because the runner has no holes towards the front there is no way of getting an alen key in to tighten it.  I will try to remove the end stops, and definitely take the opportunity to clean the filthy thick grease.  In fact one side seems to be seized so the FBH might come in handy for that one !

I appreciate you taking the time to come back to me.

Regards, Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd