Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 09:57:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New owner of a S1 Fulvia Rallye 1.3S  (Read 11211 times)
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 04 August, 2015, 09:57:17 PM »

What did we/I do before EBay?

Gnashed our teeth and wasted an inordinate amount of time chasing all these bits and bobs........so similarly to stopping smoking, use of the net has extended your useful life by 3-5 yrs!

P
« Last Edit: 04 August, 2015, 10:04:36 PM by Parisien » Logged

Frank Gallagher
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 05 August, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

Thank you for the ideas. I have had a gander on EBay and there are multiple suppliers of black PVC and it's cheap too boot. I'll check the thickness and get some delivered. If it looks like a dogs dinner at least it won't have cost a lot of money.

I am off to the Biscaretti Museum in September so i'll check out their supplies in person. Although there is a supplier on EBay. What did we/I do before EBay?

sorry,
My apologies I misread and thought you were talking about the script Embarrassed

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Mr Dunamis
Lapsed

« Reply #17 on: 10 September, 2015, 09:16:00 PM »

I have done a few jobs on the Fulvia since I bought her in July on the hottest day of the year!

First, sorted out some wiring maladies behind the dash, cigarette lighter now working or more importantly the socket now charges the sat nav, which will be used a lot over the next couple of weeks as we are off to Italy via France, Germany and Switzerland. Lago di Maggiore here we come!
Second, the exhaust was leaking badly along the seams of the centre section box and the end box. Have fitted a new S2 system including new down/front pipe, that middle nut and bolt takes some getting at  Shocked
Third, got the washers working by fitting new plastic tube.
Fourth, I have changed the oil and filter and was going to do the transmission oil but can't remove one of the plugs as a crossmember partially prevents access. There must be a solution? Any ideas please?

As we are popping into Turin I will be visiting Auto ricambi Cavalitto to see what goodies they can entice me with - this could be a dangerous visit. Not much room in the car but I hope to buy a new radio cover with the Fulvia script for the dash.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 11 September, 2015, 01:08:18 PM »

I have done a few jobs on the Fulvia since I bought her in July on the hottest day of the year!

First, sorted out some wiring maladies behind the dash, cigarette lighter now working or more importantly the socket now charges the sat nav, which will be used a lot over the next couple of weeks as we are off to Italy via France, Germany and Switzerland. Lago di Maggiore here we come!
Second, the exhaust was leaking badly along the seams of the centre section box and the end box. Have fitted a new S2 system including new down/front pipe, that middle nut and bolt takes some getting at  Shocked
Third, got the washers working by fitting new plastic tube.
Fourth, I have changed the oil and filter and was going to do the transmission oil but can't remove one of the plugs as a crossmember partially prevents access. There must be a solution? Any ideas please?

As we are popping into Turin I will be visiting Auto ricambi Cavalitto to see what goodies they can entice me with - this could be a dangerous visit. Not much room in the car but I hope to buy a new radio cover with the Fulvia script for the dash.

Hope you enjoy your trip, Lake Orta is in the same area and worth a visit, and you're not far from the Mecca for all Lancisti-Fobello.
Just make sure you've got plenty of funds with you if you go into Cavalitto, a very tempting place that can soon damage your wallet!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
davidwheeler
Permanent resident

« Reply #19 on: 12 September, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »

"not much torque and secondly the max power is produced at 6000rpm so you have to keep her up on the cam if you want to make decent progress": I agree with Brian's comments. It seems likely your engine is out of tune. Check ignition timing and even valve timing. Good luck, Andrea

You are, of course, using high octane petrol?   Tesco do 99 octane.

David Wheeler.  Lambdas, Aprilia, Fulvia Sport.(formerly Appia and Thema as well).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd