Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 02:38:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Northern Weekend 2016 - 6th to 8th May 2016  (Read 23173 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 22 February, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »

Paul

I think that is a little unfair to assume LMC narrow mindedness as in time honoured tradition this event is put on by members voluntarily for other LMC members benefits. The club gives full support to these voluntary acts but it is not strictly a club managed event. Its no consolation, but I do know that in past AGM weekends there has been a difficulty with hotels providing 4 beds in a room. Can't  however offer an explanation as to the hotel's attitude though but maybe the 4 bed rooms were already taken before Bruce made the GNW block booking. Can you not negotiate a connecting double/twin room??

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #16 on: 22 February, 2016, 10:16:29 PM »

Paul

I think that is a little unfair to assume LMC narrow mindedness as in time honoured tradition this event is put on by members voluntarily for other LMC members benefits. The club gives full support to these voluntary acts but it is not strictly a club managed event. Its no consolation, but I do know that in past AGM weekends there has been a difficulty with hotels providing 4 beds in a room. Can't  however offer an explanation as to the hotel's attitude though but maybe the 4 bed rooms were already taken before Bruce made the GNW block booking. Can you not negotiate a connecting double/twin room??

Tim,

I have no desire to get into any dispute, in particular with Bruce & Wendy who have always put on a marvellous NE GNW, along with all the other GNW, AGM & other event organisers and I should know as we have attended plenty over the years with all our clan with no previous issues.

Whilst I may have been a little eager to vent my disappointment in print, my frustration lies with the fact that as soon as VL dropped through the door we tried to book and found no family allocation and a dismissive attitude from the hotel staff.

Yes two rooms are available, but these are not connecting and if we were to go with this option then an early night straight after the Gala dinner would be required as I cannot leave youngsters alone in separate rooms and would not be prepared to move one once asleep from one room to the other when I retire for the evening.

I have also looked at alternative hotels, however 4 bedroom accommodation in Harrogate on this weekend is limited and expensive compared to the Cairn Hotel deal which appears good value.

Another consideration is to leave the boys at home and come as a couple, but then again my boys along with others like them are the future of classic car clubs and will be disappointed if mum & dad have another weekend away without them.

I am still working on a solution.

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #17 on: 10 April, 2016, 09:18:19 PM »

I'm a new member to the club and this is my first post so hi everyone!

If anyone is interested there is a hillclimb at Harewood on the weekend of the Great Northern Weekend with a round of the British Hillclimb Championship on the Sunday, practice for them and wider range of cars on the Saturday. Harewood is close to Harrogate, taking less than 30 minutes to get there. I'm on the marketing committee at Harewood and could arrange a dedicated parking area for the club if enough people are interested in attending. Details of Harewood events are on www.harewoodhill.com - I'm intending to compete on the Saturday, not in a Lancia as I haven't found what I want yet, but in another Italian - my Fiat Coupe.

Thanks for this Andy. I'll see what I can do to pass this on to Bruce who is organising the GNW.

Is anyone interested in coming along to Harewood on either day? Happy to arrange the parking and will see if I can get a club discount for the entry cost. I noticed the other day that there is a good selection of Italian cars on both days as the Ferrari Owners Club have a round of their championship at Harewood over the weekend. No Lancias entered yet though!
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #18 on: 11 April, 2016, 05:41:25 AM »

Andy

Yes, I'd be interested in the Sunday if you can get an entry price. The Saturday is taken up with the drive out.

Neil

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
038tipo
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 11 April, 2016, 12:26:02 PM »

Paul .
Why not call Bruce or wendy to see if anything can be done?
It may be worth a go?
Paul
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 11 April, 2016, 02:12:51 PM »

I would be interested, too.
Regards, John
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #21 on: 11 April, 2016, 11:01:23 PM »

I'll have a word - pretty sure we can sort something and there will be some nice cars to watch!
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #22 on: 14 April, 2016, 03:55:39 PM »

Paul .
Why not call Bruce or wendy to see if anything can be done?
It may be worth a go?
Paul

Hi Paul,

I spoke with Wendy immediately following my last post and she was most agreeable & accommodating, she put me onto Kate at the hotel (not the arrogant prat whom Claire spoke to) and we resolved the issue there and then. So yes we have two adjacent rooms sorted. Happy now!

Cheers,

Paul

1972 Fulvia Sport 1600

Previous- 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #23 on: 18 April, 2016, 11:18:05 PM »

For anyone who wants to visit the Harewood Hillclimb on the Sunday I have arranged a special entry rate of £5 per person (usually £10). To get this you will have to show your club membership card to the gate people when paying. If you can let me know if you intend to go I can make sure there is a large enough area marked out for parking in. I'll even try to get there on the Sunday myself!

Details of the event are here - http://www.harewoodhill.com/ with the entry list here - http://www.harewoodhill.com/downloads/pdf/entryLists/may%20msa%20entry%20list%208%20may%202016.pdf - this does get updated regularly as entries are processed.
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #24 on: 19 April, 2016, 06:16:00 AM »

Yes, I'll be there (Neil Priestman).

lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #25 on: 05 May, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »

I hope to be there. What time does it start on the Sunday???

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #26 on: 05 May, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »

I hope to be there. What time does it start on the Sunday???

Practice starts at 0900, so I think we can arrive when we like?

andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #27 on: 05 May, 2016, 09:07:16 PM »

That's right, practice starts at 9am, competitive timed runs probably around 1pm but it depends how well the morning goes, may be slightly earlier. Good viewing all day as even if there is no track action you can get right up to the cars in the paddock and chat to the drivers and others. The weather forecast is looking good too so be prepared for sunny conditions (but please don't blame me if it isn't!).
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #28 on: 05 May, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »

Apologies, I have just read the official schedule for Sunday and it isn't quite as usual with this being a British Hillclimb Championship round. Practice does start at 9am but the first timed runs should be around 11.30am with one run for all cars before a 1pm lunch break, second runs at 13.45 followed by the Top 10 Run-off, finish time no later than 6pm.

Apart from the start and finish time these are subject to change as it can't be predicted how long is required for car recovery if the drivers don't stay on the black bit or cars expire before getting to the top! The weather means the hill record could be broken again.
andyps
Megaposter

« Reply #29 on: 06 May, 2016, 09:33:33 PM »

All sorted for Sunday, just show your membership card to the ticket people on the gate to get the reduced entry fee of £5 per person, they should be able to direct you to the dedicated parking area.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd