Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:34:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adjusting Beta Coupe or Spyder doors  (Read 3152 times)
alan284flavia

« on: 08 April, 2015, 03:31:32 PM »

I have just fitted a new door seal to my Spyder, the old one was flat and leaked but thenew one from Betaboyz seems much thicker. I cannot get much adjustment on the door striker, only abot 6mm. Is there any other way of adjusting the door to get a flush fit as it is only closing on the first latch.
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 09 April, 2015, 06:09:54 AM »

I think 6mm is about as far as it will go. Are the new seals fitting properly? Might be worth putting a call in to Mark Wastanage at Betaboyz to see if this problem has come up before.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
alan284flavia

« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2015, 08:50:46 PM »

One hefty slam saw the door shut after bringing striker plate out as far as possible. Still got other side to do, waiting on dry calm day. Have been sidetracked with fuel pump problems, replaced facet pump after having to hit old one with hammer 4 times on 40 mile run and also making Beta presentable for shows as Flavia has run a wheel bearing
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd