Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 10:16:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10  (Read 11708 times)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #15 on: 06 June, 2015, 07:07:53 AM »

Thank you for that one Brian, I will keep a close eye on it. Sods law that it is 300+ miles away!!

Andy
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #16 on: 06 June, 2015, 11:21:49 AM »

Maybe a French one would be closer, easier, or at least more fun to get?

David Laver, Lewisham.
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #17 on: 06 June, 2015, 11:42:13 AM »

Hi Andy
           Yes I have a good steering wheel to go with the column.

The door is not as rust free as I thought and the crease is worse than I remembered but all salvageable.
           I would say your best bet is to repair your bent ones.

Ben
lancianut666
Permanent resident

Slow but rough

« Reply #18 on: 06 June, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »

Just a thought if you bought the Jarrow white one you could park it up at the unit till you get sorted, I'm guessing the seller will want it off his drive asap
Clarkey

Fulvia Coupe S2 Flavia Coupe 1967 1.8 Kugelfischer Prisma 1.6 carb Y10 Fila Y10 Touring Dedra 1.8 Dedra 2.0 Turbo Appia S1
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #19 on: 06 June, 2015, 11:48:40 AM »

Forgot to add the picture!
And it is from a Y10 and not an Alfa Spider!
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #20 on: 06 June, 2015, 02:33:21 PM »

...a chance to build those race spec ali skinned doors...or was this the Lancia that was supposed NOT to be a project.  SUCH a shame.

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #21 on: 13 June, 2015, 09:40:16 PM »

Ben, thank you for the photo, yes, that is quite a crease. I will be in touch re the steering wheel and column, but that will be a yes please.

David, you are right, this was supposed to be a ready to run, no work car for gently chugging around town. It most definitely was not expected to require any work, let alone damage repair work.

Andy
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #22 on: 18 August, 2015, 03:54:18 PM »

Hi Andy

I know it was a while ago, but if you are still after parts, you could try this guy?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-E-Lancia-Y10-1-0-FIRE-Breaking-for-Spares-/321835775170?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #23 on: 06 September, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »

Hi Andy
           Yes I have a good steering wheel to go with the column.

The door is not as rust free as I thought and the crease is worse than I remembered but all salvageable.
           I would say your best bet is to repair your bent ones.

Ben

Hello Ben, sorry that there has a been a delay in this, things have been somewhat busy!!!

Anyway, today Jim and I took your advice and, armed with two pieces of '4x2', we managed to bend the doors back into a reasonable semblance of the correct shape and alignment such that they now shut easily, the shut lines are good and they are watertight. They have creases and dents that I hope to have time to address soon.

Now I must turn my attention to the steering wheel ... please would you pm me with a price. The steering column no longer seems to be a problem. I think that probably a part of the steering lock, which is no longer working, was jammed in the column. Do you have a steering lock that I could have? I'll wait to hear from you.

Andy            
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd