Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 03:19:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Y10  (Read 11706 times)
the.cern
Permanent resident

« on: 04 June, 2015, 12:26:44 PM »

Last night a person or persons unknown tried to break into the Y10 ... usual MO, bend the tops of the doors. Fortunately the attempt was unsuccessful, but I still have a badly damaged car.

So, I need please, both LH and RH doors for a standard FIRE engine Y10. If anyone can help that would be brilliant.

The photographs say it all ...

Andy
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2015, 01:36:19 PM »

Why ?  Why ? Why ?

I'll send you my mole exterminator, because they are really cruddy people who do this !

I will look on LeBonCoin .....

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
DavidLaver
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 04 June, 2015, 02:53:11 PM »

When Sara had a Renault 5 some twenty years back that was a weekly occurrence.  In the end we left the doors unlocked...

The shame of it is that the whole door has been distorted not just a neat fold at the pillar base.  Sickening.  Is there a footprint on the door as a clue to who dunnit?

My last thought is to have a pair of dash cams, but pointing at the door windows not forwards, unless they'd break in to steal the dash cams.

Anyone any ideas for booby-traps?

David

David Laver, Lewisham.
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 04 June, 2015, 03:13:54 PM »

To begin with we did no more than take a couple of photographs and called the police. Their finger print man arrived around 1330 and, predictably, found nothing. Dan (son) and I then worked hard at getting the tops of the doors back into nearer the correct position. However, when it came to driving the car we discovered that the little sh*ts had not just broken in, but had tried to steal the car. We and the police had assumed it was a 'stealing from', not a 'stealing of' as the ignition lock was undamaged and the steering column shroud was still in place. The first thing necessary for driving off is to break the steering lock, usually done by feet on the door and pull like heck. They had tried this, but all they managed to do was bend the steering wheel and damage the steering column!!! The photograph tells the story with the steering wheel, the column damage was only apparent when trying to steer. The bearing(s?) seems damaged as the action is uneven and notchy. So, I must add steering wheel and steering column to the list of spares required. Please, is anyone able to help with these items?

Andy

PS sorry the photographs in the first post are turned through 90, but I am sure you get the gist!!
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 05 June, 2015, 06:28:36 AM »

Andy

This is all very similar to the attempt to steal my 1991 VW Polo from the railway station in January. Fortunately (!?) they smashed the quarter light rather than bend the door. Then they smashed the column shroud and yanked on the wheel to break the steering lock. For some reason, rather than break, the lock rotated round the column until it jammed under, and broke, the instrument cluster.

The reason this happens is that you can't steal a modern car without the electronically coded key. No hopers of the type that tried to steal our cars fancy that they can get them going and enjoy a joy ride in a car they have practically destroyed!

The Police actually caught my pair after they were seen in the act. They called last week to say they got a 1 year supervision order (they are 14 & 16).

I managed to buy the bits I needed from ebay and Autoglass found the last quarter light in the UK. I seem to have got off luckily compared to you, seeing the damage to your much nicer car. The only lasting damage I have is a broken instrument screen and trip odometer.

I always use a heavy duty Crook-lock now.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2015, 08:13:28 AM »

There is a whole car being broken down here, let me know if you want to follow anything up

http://www.leboncoin.fr/annonces/offres/languedoc_roussillon/?f=a&th=1&q=pieces+Y10

AmilcarCGS, ApriliaCabrio,S2Aprilia,Ardea c'cino,S4 Ardea, Appia c'cino, Appia f'cino,B20 s4,4 R4 Sinpar, R4 Rodeo, 65 Moke, 2xR60 Tractor, 2xToselli 78, Moto Guzzi Ercole, Disco 3, Mini ALL4 JCW, Moto Guzzi Cardellino, Fulvia GT, RE Himalayan, Ypsilon
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 05 June, 2015, 08:53:59 AM »

There is a whole car being broken down here, let me know if you want to follow anything up

http://www.leboncoin.fr/annonces/offres/languedoc_roussillon/?f=a&th=1&q=pieces+Y10
Although I would be happy to bring it back for the AGM it would well exceed my carry on luggage allowance !!!

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 05 June, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »

By the way what is it with the French "Guarding the Chassis" i.e. openly going to put the registration on another car.....

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #8 on: 05 June, 2015, 09:47:52 AM »

By the way what is it with the French "Guarding the Chassis" i.e. openly going to put the registration on another car.....

Maybe they keep the chassis plate as it is in their name and, like here, has to show what happens to it....? (unless they sell as complete and transfer the ownership, again as here)

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
ben
Lapsed
Megaposter

« Reply #9 on: 05 June, 2015, 10:35:13 AM »

That is a real shame Andy.

I have a car I am breaking which could provide the steering column but the doors are completely rusted out.
I do have a separate passenger side door that is rust free but it has a slight crease in it .I will take a picture if you are interested.

Ben
simonandjuliet
Permanent resident

« Reply #10 on: 05 June, 2015, 02:04:46 PM »

Another one, whole car for 200 euros - that's only £147 !

http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/811230809.htm?ca=13_s

the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #11 on: 05 June, 2015, 05:05:59 PM »

That is a real shame Andy.

I have a car I am breaking which could provide the steering column but the doors are completely rusted out.
I do have a separate passenger side door that is rust free but it has a slight crease in it .I will take a picture if you are interested.

Ben

A picture would be great please Ben. The steering column is also a yes please, do you have a steering wheel please?

Many thanks,

Andy
the.cern
Permanent resident

« Reply #12 on: 05 June, 2015, 05:14:43 PM »

Hi Simon, I really need just doors etc, getting a car to here from France I think would not be worth the effort. If there were some parts near Calais, then maybe, but the cost to go over to get them might prove excessive!!

But I really do appreciate the thought, it is so frustrating that parts are there, but there is not a good place!!!

Andy
SanRemo78
Rebel Poster

« Reply #13 on: 05 June, 2015, 06:00:59 PM »

Sorry for your troubles. Hope the scum get what they deserve.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/f917hnl-/321774870687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb46e09f

Any help?

Guy
« Last Edit: 05 June, 2015, 06:03:11 PM by SanRemo78 » Logged
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #14 on: 05 June, 2015, 08:16:08 PM »

Sorry for your troubles. Hope the scum get what they deserve.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/f917hnl-/321774870687?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4aeb46e09f

Any help?

Guy

Andy,
this looks your best bet as the doors don't look too bad, not wanting to put the mockers on it but I tried about 10 years ago to find a good tailgate and doors for my Y10 GT, I was lucky in that a new old stock tailgate was found (with lots of dings!) but I never did have any luck in finding good doors.
Surprised your local plods even bothered to come out, all they seem to do around here is issue you with a crime number.
At times like this I feel a certain sympathy with Islam removing the offending hand.
And going by what happened with Neil's Polo, the punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd