Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 12:37:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: B10 wiper motor removal.  (Read 2158 times)
brian
Megaposter

« on: 04 May, 2015, 11:44:59 AM »

I have had hazard warning lights fitted to all my Lancias - all working fine but noted the flat short metal piece that fits on the wiper motor lying on the floor. The weld/solder had fallen apart. Crawling under dash with my rotten shoulders I cannot see for the life of me how to refix it. I assume the whole dashboard has to come out somehow. Need for SPR in a month although I do find Rainex excellent! What am I missing?

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 May, 2015, 12:16:01 PM »

It is possible to remove/refit the wiper motor leaving the dash in situ but it's a nasty job Brian. You need small hands, good light and something to rest your head on. I always use Allen bolts to hold the wiper motor in place as they are easier to remove/refit using a ball ended Allen key than the original cheese cutter screws.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
brian
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 04 May, 2015, 01:08:40 PM »

I have had a good look in daylight with a headlight and the motor is fine! It is the flat egg-shaped box which is to the left of the wiper motor that links the two rods that go to the wipers. It is held on by 2 sort of pop rivets. I assume this is just a mechanical rotating/oscillating drive to the rods. Unclear to me how to progress as I will somehow have to remove it by breaking the pop rivets to solder/braze the arm back on and then how to relocate!

Brian Hands

1922 Hands Tourer
1934 Augusta standard saloon
1938 Aprilia S1 saloon
1953 Aurelia B10
1965 Flavia Sport
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd