Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 04:46:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 165x65x14 Dunlop Sp Radials- Generator Warning light  (Read 2100 times)
fay66
Permanent resident

« on: 07 March, 2015, 12:49:47 AM »

I last took "Fay" for a run a couple of weeks ago and had intended taking her out this afternoon.
however when I unlocked the garage an unzipped the front of the airchamber, she was sitting at an odd angle, fortunately I'd backed her into the airchamber so it was easy to get at the offside front tyre that was exceedingly flat at the bottom! I put the trolley jack uder the stabaliser bar mounting and took the pressure off the tyre then partiallly inflated it with my tyre compessor.
After driving outside the garage I finished blowing up the tyre, I could find no sign of any foreign object, but it went down quite quickly so I put on the spare, however I did notice a slight bulge near the top of the sidewall, so I'm looking for a 165x65x14 R Dunlop SP, anyone know where I can obtain 1/2? at a reasonable cost?

When I 'd finished with the compessor I un-plugged it but realised that the generator light didn't come on, I knew the generator was charging OK as when I revved the engine the compressor speeded up at the same time.
Thinking it might be a fuse I removed the centre panel and the fuse box cover and found a fuse blown, after replacing the fuse I tried the ignition switch again but still no light so I'm assuming it's probably the bulb in the dash, which didn't please me a lot as it's a pigging job as you have to more or less dismantle half the dash to remove the cluster Shocked
Has anyone got any thoughts on this before I pitch in to stripping the dash out Huh?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 March, 2015, 06:52:14 AM »

All part of the pain and the pleasure Brian. The size of my hands (palms, not fingers) make any job like that a bit of a problem.
As to your tyre problem, (and I know you know this) be very aware of the age of ones tyres, particularly if one has been badly distorted for a while. I cant remember what the official age a tyre is lifed to but when one doesn't do many miles in a car, it can be a shock to see how old a slightly worn tyre can actually be!
Good luck with the bulb but maybe put a meter on the feed to the bulb first to see if that is getting 12v?
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd