Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 03:18:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strut top bearing - source wanted!  (Read 3495 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« on: 04 March, 2015, 08:31:10 AM »

Hi All

I have had this query listed on Betaboyz a while now without a final solution, so thought I would widen my field of possible solutions.

Story so far -

I stripped the front suspension struts and found that one of the strut top bearings had a cracked upper thrust plate, the rest appears to be ok. So I asked if anyone had a source of the thrust plate/bearing. One guy in the US said he had one and I duly paid and recently received it. I had expected a thrust plate, but received a complete bearing which was of a different design, but fits 100%, so far so good. The problem is that I think the seal around the bearing supplied with it is not the correct one (or I am looking at it completely the wrong way) as it is smaller in diameter than the bearing.

The design of the bearing appears to be different to two others I have seen and I wondered if it actually comes off a later car e.g. early Delta. The noticeable part about it are the prongs on the inner part of the top thrust plate which is not present on the others I have seen. Photo attached of original plate and new bearing with the too small seal.

I hope someone can throw light on this as I would dearly love to get hold of the seal and rebuild the strut.

Peter

* Beta Strut.jpg (46.15 KB, 640x480 - viewed 468 times.)

* Thrust Bearing 1.jpg (49.64 KB, 640x480 - viewed 445 times.)

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2015, 08:51:02 AM »

Peter

I thought Mark W listed these? Is he out of stock?

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2015, 09:19:40 AM »

Peter

I thought Mark W listed these? Is he out of stock?

Hi Neil

I put a request in to him when I found he had a bearing listed (the pronged one above), but the picture and writeup imply it is used and there is no mention of seal or the lower thrust plate, so will see what he says in reply.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd