Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
29 March, 2024, 04:02:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery change in Dedra Turbo  (Read 4821 times)
Harvey
« on: 06 September, 2007, 09:44:49 AM »

My Dedra's been stood too long and the battery wouldn't power a quartz watch now. The car's not that close to home (see previous posts!) so I went with my toolkits last night and attempted to remove the battery. Much swearing resulted. Who on earth though it was a good idea to obstruct access to the holding clip by putting all those hoses in the way?!

Is there an easy way for a mechanical novice to remove and refit a battery?

Failing that, anybody know a good mobile battery-fitting service in the Bath area?  Roll Eyes
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 September, 2007, 01:28:08 PM »

Harvey, is that difficult?  You need a Beta coupe, I changed the battery last week in 2 mins, including tightening the terminal connections!

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Harvey
« Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2007, 02:01:03 PM »

I remember commenting to someone recently that I'd failed to remove the battery before (charged it in situ instead in the end) and it was "slightly awkward" to get to. The immediate response was "Dedra turbo?" so I guess they're not unknown for being a pain.
What I really need is a crash course in mechanical engineering and auto-electrical engineering.
And a decent tool kit!
Scarpia
Lapsed
Rebel Poster

« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2007, 02:03:56 PM »

I think you approached it all wrong Harvey.
You clearly tried to remove the battery from the car when you should in fact remove the car from the battery. Its just a question of attaining a zen state of mind.
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 06 September, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

Hi Harvey
What you need is a 3/8" long extension, universal joint, Ratchet, & an extending magnet. Easy  Grin as for the hoses, they had to go somewhere!

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
Harvey
« Reply #5 on: 06 September, 2007, 05:13:10 PM »

Scarpia, I'm totally with you on that one. Unfortunately, after an hour of meditation, I still had not become one with the car, and the battery remained stubbornly in place.

Brian, knew you'd be here within 24 hrs!  Cool
inthedark
« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2007, 08:18:02 PM »

I was 'ere as well but couldn't be bothered to answer. Roll Eyes Grin
'the colonel'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd