Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 11:55:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aurelia steering wheel emblem query  (Read 4858 times)
AandSRuggeri

« on: 16 December, 2014, 10:33:17 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to the forum and this is going to be the first in what will probably become a long line of questions....
Does anyone reproduce the two tone plastic emblems for the Aurelia steering wheel? Of course, if anyone has a very good original I would be very interested in it. I've heard of a company in the USA that can remanufacture this sort of thing but I thought it best if I started here.
Many thanks,
Stefano

* PC160037_1_1_1_1.JPG (350.49 KB, 1658x1243 - viewed 454 times.)
« Last Edit: 16 December, 2014, 11:18:41 PM by AandSRuggeri » Logged

1954 4th Series Aurelia B20
1965 Flaminia GT 3C 2,8
Charles T

« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2014, 03:22:03 PM »

Hi Stefano,

Sorry I can't help with this one.
I did have a puzzle with the one on my steering wheel recently.  I could not understand why the wheels were pointing dead ahead and the emblem was off at a jaunty angle.  My sub-conscious was telling that something must be wrong.

It took me a while to work out the plastic insert was able to rotate freely in the housing!  Happily this was before I started pondering how to take it apart.

Charles

Jean-Marie

« Reply #2 on: 19 December, 2014, 05:52:27 PM »

I have also heard about this factory in USA, but they produce only when the number of spares to sell is enough important: it's expansive to realize a mold. They don't produce complete steering-wheels. They are not used with painting in different colours.
My hobby is to produce new steering-wheels for Aurelia to the 3rd serial: you can see them on my web-site aurelia-b22.com.
This emblem Aurelia is on the same steering-wheel than the ones for Flaminia.
I could try to reproduce this emblem and the same for Flaminia.
Let me know when you are interested .
Regards:

Jean-Marie
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 19 December, 2014, 07:15:41 PM »

I have one of those badges left over from my Aurelia days, but it's in rather worse condition than Stefano's. If anyone wants it, they can have it. First come, first served.
Regards, John
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 19 December, 2014, 07:22:00 PM »

Swap you for that crankshaft John?

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
GG
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 19 December, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »

Jean-Marie's steering wheels are just lovely. He takes great care and they are color matched and well made. So if you can get him to make these…

B20 s.2, Appia C10, Flavia 2000
RD24

« Reply #6 on: 19 December, 2014, 08:56:41 PM »

I have a good badge if you are still looking. Tel. 01497820792 or email sallyandron42@wbsnet.co.uk   
JohnMillham
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 20 December, 2014, 07:57:50 AM »

Swap you for that crankshaft John?
Hello Richard, it will be in the post to you today. The crankshaft will follow, but not any time soon, as the bloke who was going to be making my new one had a stroke and one of his colleagues has taken the job on, but they are very busy! I want to photograph the two cranks together eventually. Regards, John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd