Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 March, 2024, 08:43:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk, for Database Administrator e-mail database.admin@lanciamc.co.uk      -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fulvia 2C GT Berlina for sale - needs restoring/recommissioning  (Read 6136 times)
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« on: 05 November, 2014, 09:33:22 AM »

I have been asked by a non-member to advertise the above car. This is what he said about it.

“For sale Lancia fulvia 2c gt sedan four door year of registration 16-10-69 colour dark blue interior light cream the car is up high on commercial axle stands at the rear of garage. The car has had some work done on it I.e. Inner and outer sills. More work is required round wheel arches they are not too bad. Where work has been done on parts of the body it is in grey primer. The car was used on the road to the best of my knowledge was some 15 years ago. The car is four speed floor change with individual reclining front seats. It has a barrel speedometer. There are new Michelin tyres all round never used on the road but have been on the rims for some years. There is some parts removed I.e. Front and rear lights, bumpers and front grill for body prep work but all the parts are there. This is a genuine car in need of more time spent on it to make a lovely example of this model. I would sell the car for £500 thank you. Neil in Fakenham Norfolk nr219ha.”

No pictures are available due to the fact that the front of the garage is full of furniture temporartily stored by the sellers children while house extension work is being carried.

PM me for Neils phone number.

No relation to seller.

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
RoddersS

« Reply #1 on: 07 November, 2014, 08:48:33 PM »

Hi Tim
Have sent a pm
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »

I've left two messages on his ansaphone but I'm still waiting a reply.
It will be very interesting to find out the Registration number and if it is a RHD, the only RHD GT that has ever appeared is Members Register in the UK is JSD 4F, which in 2000 belonged to Alan Borthwick but was last on the road in 1992, if it isn't JFD 4F and it's a RHD UK Ca,r then I wonder where it's been all these years, the only RHD GT that I know of on the road is Chris Gawne's, but although RHD it was a Swiss Market car.

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »

Just a little correction Brian - our Fulvia Sedan is a rhd GTE, not GT. Maybe the only rhd GTE in Europe although I think there is one (at least) in Australia. Our car was sold new in Switzerland, rhd but with 'metric' instruments. Currently used daily in Italy.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
fay66
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 09 November, 2014, 10:47:23 AM »

Just a little correction Brian - our Fulvia Sedan is a rhd GTE, not GT. Maybe the only rhd GTE in Europe although I think there is one (at least) in Australia. Our car was sold new in Switzerland, rhd but with 'metric' instruments. Currently used daily in Italy.
Chris

Thanks Chris, I should have looked at my photos of your lovely GTE Embarrassed
In the 2000 Register there were 2 shown as being in Australia, one belonging to a Mr N Hansell, the other Mr T. G. Julien.
The 2011 Register only shows one belonging to Andrea Nistri in Italy & Mr S.D Simon in Switzerland, perhaps that is your one?

Brian
8227 Cool

Own 1966 Fulvia 2C Berlina since 1997, back on road 11-1999.Known as "Fay"
2006 Renault Megane 1 5 Dci Sports Tourer
Dedra Technical Adviser
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 10 November, 2014, 08:33:34 AM »

Here is another really lovely rhd GTE (in my favourite colour). I wonder where VGY 44G is now? It looks too good to have rusted away having made it to 25 yrs. Photo taken at the Fulvia 25 at Goodwood.
Chris

Chris Gawne
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 10 November, 2014, 10:13:47 AM »

I then found a very old photo of our original lhd Fulvia 2C RDP322R. Apologies for the crease across the photo - the sill was actually 100% sound as was the rest of the car when this photo was taken around 1980.
We had this lhd Fulvia 2C back in the 70's and early 80's and in fact it was Jacky's first car which she learned to drive on. There is a story about buying the car and then subsequently talking to Harry Manning about it but thats another story (which is actually now in the 'Lancia in the UK' book). It was a real Q car fitted with Michelin 165 XAS tyres which was perfect for transporting 3 young children, pram (remember Silver Cross?) etc around but sadly some goon in an Alfasud hit the rh front wheel at speed writing off his car and cracking our subframe.
I kept the car inside  wondering if I would ever rebuild it and replaced it with a 5 speed rhd Fulvia Sedan Srs 2 which was a fine car but not as nice to drive as our original.
One day some years later Michael Newberry ( who I had recently sold our Flaminia 3CGTL to ) phoned me to ask me if I would sell the bootlid (or it may have been the bonnet) off the 2C which he had seen at the back of my workshop as he needed one for the restoration of his Fulvia Srs1 Sedan OPD 37E. I said I would (for £20 I recall) but that he would have to take the rest of the car as well as once I started breaking it up there was no way I would then restore it! Somewhat surprised he agreed and some years later at one of his picnics I saw the remains of our car.
So, 'our' car lives on I think as part of the white OPD 37E car? How is the restoration of that car progressing I wonder?
Chris

Chris Gawne
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #7 on: 11 November, 2014, 08:51:29 PM »

And here is a slightly better image of our original 2C. It was a lovely car......but it used to struggle pulling a 20' Shetland family 4 cabin cruiser on a trailer up a very slippery slipway on the Wey Navigation in the late 70's. Something to do with the front wheels coming off the ground I recall....so Jacky and the children had to sit on the bonnet!
Chris

Chris Gawne
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #8 on: 15 November, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »

“For sale Lancia fulvia 2c gt sedan four door year of registration 16-10-69 colour dark blue interior light cream the car is up high on commercial axle stands at the rear of garage. The car has had some work done on it I.e. Inner and outer sills. More work is required round wheel arches they are not too bad. Where work has been done on parts of the body it is in grey primer. The car was used on the road to the best of my knowledge was some 15 years ago. The car is four speed floor change with individual reclining front seats. It has a barrel speedometer. There are new Michelin tyres all round never used on the road but have been on the rims for some years. There is some parts removed I.e. Front and rear lights, bumpers and front grill for body prep work but all the parts are there. This is a genuine car in need of more time spent on it to make a lovely example of this model. I would sell the car for £500 thank you. Neil in Fakenham Norfolk nr219ha.”

THE CAR IS NOW SOLD AS IT SEEMS IT WAS ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE

Tim

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #9 on: 15 November, 2014, 02:11:09 PM »

Hopefully bought by a LMC member?

Chris Gawne
peteracs
Administrator
Rebel Poster

« Reply #10 on: 15 November, 2014, 05:54:23 PM »

Hopefully bought by a LMC member?

Or, hopefully bought by a now NEW LMC member........

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd